05|| Looking Out For Each Other

I want to protect you. No matter what it takes, no matter what I get called, I will keep you safe, I will.

•|•|•|•|•

At the law firm, Sienna and Ethan returned from the company and went to pack up since it was almost closing hours. "How is that case I saw in your office going?" Ethan asked.

"I took your opinion into account, it is strange anyways" Sienna said. "I'm investigating it with the help of a friend."

"You have a friend?" Ethan couldn't stop himself from asking.

Sienna lifted her eyes to look at Ethan with a raised eyebrow and he quickly turned his face. "Just because I don't talk to anyone here doesn't mean I don't have friends. That is a very disappointing assumption" Sienna said monotonously.

"Sorry" Ethan apologized embarrassed.

"You don't have to concern yourself with the case, focus on yours" Sienna said, hanging her bag on her shoulder. "See you tomorrow."

"Okay" Ethan said and Sienna left the office.

Meanwhile, Tamara sat with crossed arms in front of Chinonso, her ex-boyfriend. "It has been a long time since I last saw you, I often wondered how you were" Chinonso said with a soft smile.

"Of course, after all, you just disappeared into thin air." Tamara said spitefully. "Why do you want to talk to me now? You want to explain why you disappeared all those years ago and broke up with me over the phone?"

"Are you still upset?" Chinonso asked.

"No, I'm ecstatic. In fact, I was so relieved back then" Tamara sarcastically snapped. "I hope we are only meeting for a casual check up. I have work to get back to."

"Don't be so cruel" Chinonso said as Tamara got up.

"Oh no, I'm not being cruel. I am just not interested in talking to you again after you disappeared from my life without an explanation." Tamara said firmly.

"Bye, I hope you have a nice life" Tamara said with a fake smile and walked away. Chinonso stared at her sadly.

The next day, after work at the firm, Sienna returned home and saw Michael and Ethan moving some bags and furniture inside. She parked her car and got out.

"Good evening Attorney Sienna" Ethan greeted cheerily.

"I see you decided to move in" Sienna stated, her eyes lazily sweeping through the furniture and bags.

"Yes, it's close and you are here" Ethan said with a smile and Sienna looked at him with surprised eyes.

"Okay" She answered and started walking away. Ethan and Michael continued their moving but they suddenly heard crashes. They looked up in alarm at a balcony.

"They are at it again" Michael said annoyed. He continued moving the items while Ethan stared worried.

Sienna kept on walking when a loud crash and a yell followed made her stop. She looked up and suddenly, the closed glass window that shattered and everyone looked up shocked.

Moreso for Sienna who was in the path of the falling glass. Her eyes widened in alarm as she froze in shock.

The next moment happened in a flash. A hand dragged Sienna out of the path of the glass and covered her. The glass landed on the floor and some landed on the back of the person.

Michael stared shocked and the Wife looked down from the balcony with a look of horror. Sienna looked up surprised and saw Ethan shielding her with his body.