03|| Alone Against Everybody

Those who are heartless once cared too much.

•|•|•|•|•

At the end of the office hours, everyone poured out of the firm. Sienna looked at Mr. Olayinka and he looked at her.

Sienna pursed her lips seemingly apologetic for lashing out at him and Mr. Olayinka nodded, his face telling it was okay. Sienna walked away and entered her car.

She drove past Ethan who looked like a kicked puppy and glanced at him studiously for a second before speeding away.

Mr. Olayinka had a mission of his own. He entered his car and his driver drove him to an estate. The gate of a beautiful duplex opened and his car drove in.

The car stopped and Mr. Olayinka stepped out. "Good evening Sir" the gateman greeted loudly.

"Lade, Good evening" Mr. Olayinka greeted, "is your oga inside?"

"Yes sir." Lade answered.

"Okay" Mr. Olayinka said and went to the door. He knocked on it and the door opened in a short moment. He found himself face to face with a dark skinned middle aged woman.

"Mr. Olayinka, Good evening sir, come in." The woman said warmly. She opened the door wider and Mr. Olayinka entered the house.

"Good evening Amaka, your husband is back home?" He asked.

"Yes, he is inside. I will call him" Amaka said and asked, "should I get you anything? Water? Juice?"

"Water will be fine" Mr. Olayinka said with a smile and Amaka went to the kitchen. She called her husband, Edafe, with her phone telling him to come downstairs.

Edafe emerged from the stairs quickly and arrived at the living room. "Yinka, Good evening" Edafe said, shaking Mr. Olayinka's hand.

"Edafe, how are you? How is your health?" Mr. Olayinka asked.

"I'm good, it's by the grace of God" Edafe said and sat down. Mr. Olayinka sat down and Amaka emerged from the kitchen with a bottle of water and a glass cup.

She poured the water for him and served him, then sat down. "Thank you" Mr. Olayinka said and drank.

"Please, how is Sienna? She hasn't answered my calls once. She keeps ignoring us and it hurts" Amaka said worried, her eyes welling with tears.

"I tried talking to her today but she was completely hostile" Mr. Olayinka said sadly, "that girl is still wounded and she doesn't look like she will be forgetting or forgiving anytime soon."

"Sometimes, I wonder if the Sienna now is the same that we raised" Edafe said somberly. "She is completely different...it's all that man's fault. If he hadn't come into her life, she wouldn't be like this."

"Maybe so, but how long are you going to blame him" Mr. Olayinka asked, "it's because you talk about him like that that Sienna gets more upset."

"How long are we going to have to stay away from her for her to forgive us?" Amaka said concerned, "she just cut us off like the time she spent with us meant nothing. Is it because she doesn't see us as her real parents?"

Amaka began to sob. "I worry about her so much, I worry about how she sleeps and eats but it doesn't seem like she thinks about us." Amaka cried, gently drying her tears.

Edafe pulled his wife in his arms, patting her back consolingly. "Amaka, don't get emotional. Relax, I will do everything in my power to reunite you two, don't worry" Mr. Olayinka said earnestly.

In Sienna's house, Sienna quietly ate dinner like she usually did and she thought of Ethan's opinion on the case.

"Something does seem strange" she muttered to herself in agreement.