49|| Because I Missed You

Don't let go of someone who makes you a better person.

•|•|•|•|•

Sienna pulled away from the hug after some time and looked at him hesitantly. Ethan stared at her and sat down on a stool in front of her.

They kept quiet, both not knowing where to start. "How are you?" Ethan spoke first and Sienna looked at him. She saw his concern.

"I am fine" she answered with a smile and tried to joke. "The stitch sometimes itches though" she chuckled nervously but Ethan didn't laugh and she looked away from his stare uncomfortably.

"I know you are angry, I know you are hurt but I did what I did so we wouldn't be in pain" Sienna began to say tearfully. "Fighting a family is not a easy thing, I didn't want to be the reason a family split-"

Ethan gripped her chin and turned her face to him. "Will you relax and stop acting like I am bullying you?" He scolded lightly, "I feel like a bad person."

"You're making fun of me" Sienna cried in dismay and Ethan sighed unable to believe his girlfriend. She acted so strong sometimes only to act like a baby in times like this.

Ethan silently consoled her and Sienna cast a doubtful glance at him. "You are not angry?" She asked suspiciously, sniffling.

"Oh no I am" Ethan quickly answered making Sienna sad. "But," he turned around, "I want us to talk about it. I was at fault too for not telling you about my parents so I am willing to listen. Let's talk."

Sienna stared at Ethan gratefully and they began to discuss the circumstances around their relationship.

"I think it's best if we stop hiding things from each other in the name of protecting each other" Ethan said thoughtfully, "I was wrong to hide things from you, secrets shouldn't exist between a couple. I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry for trying to disappear from your life" Sienna apologised somberly and said hopefully, "if this makes you feel any better, I did hesitate to get on the plane."

Ethan chuckled and stared at Sienna's hand in his, his thumb skimming slightly over her ringless finger. Sienna saw his eyes cloud over in thought.

"I'm sorry for returning the ring too. I really wanted to..." Sienna faltered, unable to complete her sentence when Ethan smiled at her.

"It's okay" He said, stroking her hair.

"Ethan?" Sienna called tentatively and he looked at her. "don't be angry with your parents. They were thinking of you" she said softly.

Ethan looked down thoughtfully then smiled at her. "I don't think I have the right to be" Ethan answered unconcerned and Sienna contemplated those words.

"You must be tired. You should rest now" Ethan said in realisation and began to help Sienna lay on the bed properly.

"I really don't want you to leave" Sienna admitted, holding his hand. She looked hesitant to let him leave and Ethan realised she was scared.

"I'll be back, I promise" Ethan assured her confidently and the wariness disappeared from Sienna's eyes. She closed her eyes as Ethan leaned in and kissed her softly on the forehead.

He opened his eyes and stared at her. She stared back at him and she felt they could stay like this forever. "I love you" Sienna whispered.

"I love you too" Ethan replied, kissing her lightly on the lips. He hesitantly stood up and walked to the door. He glanced at Sienna who smiled sweetly at Sienna.

He smiled and waved goodbye. She waved back and Ethan left satisfied.

Ethan stepped out of the room and appeared in the hallways. He saw his mother looking in another direction, her foot tapping on the floor nervously.