48|| Let Go To Hold On

Love is like two people pulling a rubber band. If one let's go, it hurts the one who held on.

•|•|•|•|•

Three days. That was how long it had been since anyone had seen Ethan.

Everyone had searched everywhere possible that Ethan could have been but no one had found him but it was safe to say he didn't want to be found. At least not yet.

His family wasn't the same since his disappearance. Nnenna couldn't stop crying and blaming her and Martin for pushing Sienna away.

They had even come to see Sienna to apologise and beg Ethan to return hoping she knew where he was but Sienna was clueless.

She was worried herself, almost going to the extent of skipping meals but her parents forced her, letting her know that Ethan cried just because she took the bullet for him. She shouldn't make him feel guiltier.

At the hospital, Tamara was in Eric's ward discussing Ethan's disappearance with him. Eric had woken up since and was recovering speedily.

Tamara sighed. "His family are going crazy over it but I told them nothing bad happened to him. Maybe he just doesn't want to be around people."

"Ethan is overwhelmed, tired" Eric easily deduced. "he will be back soon, he just needed a break. I am sure he is fine."

"I feel the same too. I saw him when it all happened, he looked so exhausted" Tamara said, feeling pitifully anytime she thought about him.

"What about everyone else? Are things returning back to normal?" Eric asked casually and Tamara scoffed.

"Everyone else? normal?" She questioned. "You and Sienna are in the hospital, Ethan is gone, Sienna and his family are worried to death and you are actually asking?" Tamara answered incredulously and concluded, "nothing is normal."

Eric chuckled sheepishly then winced in pain. He reached for his bandaged head cautiously and Tamara looked at him in concern.

"What are you doing?" She adjusted his bandage gently, "don't touch it and I am still angry with you. You weren't careful at all."

Eric avoided Tamara's glare. "I was just doing my job, this sort of things happen all the time" he dismissed, glancing surreptitiously at Tamara.

She glared at him. "Don't tell me nonsense. You won't be saying that if you ended up paralysed" Tamara scowled, "be happy God had mercy on you."

Eric looked away guiltily and Tamara sighed. "One thing is different though" Tamara said haltingly and Eric leaned closer in interest. "the officers are saying Jaws is going mad."

"What do you mean?" Eric sat up.

"They say he keeps screaming at someone. Can you guess the name of the person?" Tamara paused and Eric looked expectantly. "Thad" she finally said, "he keeps screaming the name Thad."

Eric furrowed his brows in surprise, wondering what this meant.

•|•|•

In a lit up hallway, a man in a suit walked purposefully to a door. He opened it and was met with a dark room. The man cast a distasteful look around and sighed annoyed; it was Somto.

Somto flipped the light switch on uncaringly and a figure groaned and rolled off the bed, landing with a thud.

"Why?" Ethan croaked, his head popping out from the side of the bed. He looked like someone who hadn't showered in days and his beard was looking scruffy.