27|| Catch Me If You Can

Of all the things you choose in life, you don't get to choose what your nightmares are. You don't pick them, they pick you.

•|•|•|•|•

Sienna returned to the firm still in shock over Jaws' call. "How did he get my number? How does he know?" She mumbled scared.

"Sienna" Jane called and Sienna jerked. Jane stared at Sienna surprised and Sienna relaxed upon seeing Jane. "are you alright? You look tense."

"I-I'm fine" Sienna replied and went inside. Jane went her way.

Sienna sat in her office but was uncomfortable for the rest of the day. She kept checking the time and her hands were shaking but she forced her herself to wait and relax.

Sienna's eyes searched the office for Ethan but she didn't see him. She finally got up and went to Ethan's office but he wasn't there either.

"Where is Ethan?" Sienna asked.

"He went out for some work, I don't think he is coming back to the office today" Debo answered and Sienna deflated.

"Oh" She simply said and returned to her office. A few minutes later, it was closing hours and Sienna left along with everyone else. She stood outside checking her phone.

"Where is your car Sienna?" Sharon asked curiously.

"Oh, it got a flat tire. I got it towed" Sienna replied.

"Oh, that's bad. Do you need a ride?" Sharon offered.

"No, I'm fine. I have somewhere to go first, thank you" Sienna said and kept on checking her phone. Sharon left and Sienna dialed a number.

"Hello?" Somto's raspy voice said.

"Somto, I got a call from Jaws-"

"What?! What did he tell you?!" Somto asked agitated.

"He told me nothing about Chisom. He only wants to see me and he threatened to hurt Chisom if I don't come alone" Sienna said seriously.

"Then...why are you telling me?" Somto asked.

"I don't know. I can't really tell Ethan, his phone is off and...I'm not sure about Tamara" Sienna said hesitantly. "Listen, I'm going to give you the address of where I am supposed to meet him. I am meeting him at 7:30 so if I don't call or text you in 5 minutes, tell everyone."

"I will" Somto said and Sienna nodded gratefully. She hung up and gripped her bag tightly to control her shaking. Sienna stopped a taxi and entered it. The taxi drove away.

At Somto's house, Somto stared at his phone after receiving Sienna's call. "What she is doing is risky, she should have told her friend at least" Somto said concerned and began to call Ethan but his phone was switched off. "what is Ethan doing?"

Somto got up and began to call Tamara instead.

At Ethan's house, Ethan was helping his mother prepare pap that she would sell in her shop. Nnenna observed her son and how dully he was doing his work.

"I can tell something is wrong, tell me what happened" Nnenna finally said, nudging her son.

"Nothing is wrong, everything is fine" Ethan denied.

"Stop pretending like everything is okay. Your mother is here to listen to your worries and make them better" Nnenna said teasingly and Ethan smiled.

"I...Sienna and I have been keeping our relationship from everyone at the firm and I am tired of it" Ethan relented. "I told Sienna about it but she thinks we should wait a bit more. I haven't even seen her parents."