13|| Holding Onto Memories

The only reason people hold on to memories so tight, is because memories are the only things that don't change when everything else does.

•|•|•|•|•

The same night after closing hours, Ethan stopped by to see Titilayo. They sat in their usual playground hangout but the mood was foul.

"I'm sorry for brushing you off like that. There was just so much on my mind at that moment" Ethan sincerely apologized.

"I know, I am not mad about that" Titilayo said gruffly, "I'm mad about you and Sienna. The way you walk around with her looks like you've known each other for years."

Ethan couldn't help but laugh at her. "Are you serious? Are you jealous? Do you want me to stop walking around with her?" he asked amused.

"I didn't mean it like that" Titilayo sheepishly said. "forget what I said."

Ethan just smiled at her and stared at the night sky.

Two days later, Ethan went with Sienna to check on his father and he noticed the feel better gifts in his father's room.

He checked the givers addresses and saw they were all from Olayinka and Co. He turned to Sienna surprised. "How did they know he was here?" Ethan asked.

"I brought them" Sienna answered thoughtfully. "They care a lot about you Ethan. That's why they did this. They are good people."

"Wow, I ought to thank them" Ethan said touched and asked. "What about you? Do you care a lot about me?"

"Very" Sienna smiled, getting the meaning and nodded. "hat is why I dropped a gift that I believe will be meaningful to you and your dad" she said.

Ethan stared at her curiously. "Thank you" He said and hugged her without any warning. Sienna was surprised but sweetly patted his back.

Somewhere else in the hospital, Martin sat with Mr. Olayinka eating together. "Eat healthy food, we don't want something like this to happen again." Mr. Olayinka said.

Martin quietly ate and seemed to want to ask something but didn't know how. "Ethan is doing fine" Mr. Olayinka said, eating quietly, "he is working very hard."

"That's good" Martin said softly, letting his guard down.

"You shouldn't be so harsh on him. Ethan has changed a lot, he is more mature and has realized his mistakes" Mr. Olayinka said gently, "don't make it any harder for you two. He nearly collapsed when he heard about your accident."

Martin looked thoughtful but said nothing.

In front of Martin's ward room, Sienna decided to wait when Ethan went to get something and Ebere spotted her. She ran to Sienna.

"Good afternoon ma" Ebere greeted.

"Oh good afternoon"

"Are you here because of my brother?" Ebere asked.

"Yes, he is here to see your dad" Sienna answered.

"Okay, thank you" Ebere said and wanted to walk away but stopped. She back tracked and said, "sorry, I may seem rude to ask this but, are you Ethan's girlfriend?"

"girlfriend?" Sienna said surprised.

"Sorry, it's just that, Ethan has never been around women before apart from Titilayo" Ebere explained, "and you are always with him so I was curious."

"I am not his girlfriend but isn't that something you should ask your brother" Sienna answered awkwardly.

"Yes, sorry" Ebere apologised embarrassed and skipped away.