26|| Race Against Time

The life of a flower is short and full of suffering

•|•|•|•|•

The next day at the law firm, Ethan occasionally stared at Sienna. He was worried after she fainted last time so it found it difficult to take his eyes off her and his friends were beginning to notice.

"Ethan? Why are you staring like that at Sienna?" Ahmed asked.

"I'm just worried" Ethan said, not realising who is was talking to. Ahmed and Rotimi stared at him wide eyed and Ethan realised his blunder.

"I mean, she fainted so I am just worried it might escalate. You know we have to look after one another in the office" Ethan covered up with a smile and the men agreed.

"Okay, but let's go. We have to see that lady" Ahmed reminded and Ethan scowled, thinking about a client they recently met. She kept hitting on him but he didn't bother telling Sienna. He wasn't even sure Sienna would care.

Ethan sighed, pushing himself from the wall he was leaning on and followed Rotimi and Ahmed.

In a restaurant, Ethan frowned, not looking forward to seeing the lady. He wasn't even supposed to be here but the lady said she wouldn't renew a contract with them if he didn't show up.

The lady arrived and she was a tall stunning woman wearing a sexy purplish sleeveless knee length gown. She sat with the men and fixed her eyes on Ethan who ignored her.

They discussed a bit and when they were done, the lady slowly placed her hand on Ethan's. "I would like your number, I might have to calk you in case of a legal emergency" the lady said flirtatiously.

"You don't me, just come to the firm" Ethan brushed her aside, retrieving his hand. He got up to leave, "since we are done..."

"I am feeling offended. I am asking so nicely" The lady said and Ethan looked at her weirdly. Rotimi and Ahmed watched them.

'Nicely? Do you intend to force me? Because I am not interested" Ethan said plainly. "and I'll be honest, I have a girlfriend."

"Really?"

"Since when?" Rotimi and Ahmed asked in surprise.

"I don't have to share my personal life in front of someone not part of my life" Ethan said curtly, staring directly at the lady. He walked away and the lady stared at him intrigued.

Ahmed and Rotimi said a quick goodbye to the lady and rushed after Ethan. They caught up with him. "You were lying right? You don't have a girlfriend" Ahmed asked.

"Why would I lie like that?" Ethan replied. The two men walking by his side stared at him shocked.

"How can you have a girlfriend and we have never met her" Ahmed said in disbelief. "you must be lying."

Ethan narrowed his eyes at him unamused. "Did you say that just because you don't want to be involved with that woman?" Rotimi asked suspiciously.

"I really have a girlfriend" Ethan said through gritted teeth.

"Do we know her? What's her name?" His friends asked.

"Yes you know her and her name is-" Ethan paused, realizing his relationship was meant to be a secret. He faltered as his friends stared at him waiting.

"Forget it" Ethan said, walking faster.

"I knew he was lying" Ahmed said sure of himself and Ethan growled, trying to keep his displeasure in. He scoffed annoyed and walked away.

Back at the firm, Sienna went to see Mr. Olayinka before going to the police station. "I didn't know the trauma was still there" Mr. Olayinka said somberly, "have you told your parents?"