41|| Born Fighter

The future is something that you build by yourself. If you give up, nothing will change. So long as you have faith in yourself, you can overcome any fate.

•|•|•|•|•

The next day was a Sunday morning and Sienna stood in a church with Ethan. She watched how merry everyone was and she felt extremely burdened.

Ethan squeezed Sienna's hand supportively and she smiled softly at him. She paid attention to the sermon and when it was time to pray, she prayed earnestly with all her heart.

"Lord, I was wrong. I don't want others to suffer because of me" Sienna muttered remorseful. "I need your help, help me fix this problem so I won't cause pain to others."

Sienna looked up, her eyes glistening with tears.

•|•|•

Sienna sat on a chair in a small dark room sewing some clothes, her only source of light was a dim standing torch of the table.

A hard knock on the door jolted her from her concentration and she pricked her finger on the needle. "Ah" she hissed in pain.

"That was a bit too much. I wonder why Thad knocked that hard" she frowned, glancing at the clock and got up.

Sienna swung the door open in annoyance and her face morphed into shock the moment she saw the faces behind the door.

"Mom..." She whispered in disbelief.

"Sienna! You're alright!" Amaka exclaimed tearfully in happiness. She wrapped a frozen Sienna in a tight hug.

"How-How did you get here? How did you find me?" Sienna asked fearfully as she stared at her relieved father and three stern looking policemen behind him.

"That doesn't matter, all that matters is that you are okay" Amaka said relieved, pulling away to examine her daughter. "just look at how thin you are."

"Do you know how hard we searched for you? How could you disappear like that?" Edafe finally said, hugging his daughter. "it is good we found you before that kidnapper could do any harm."

"What?" Sienna said surprised and pushed Edafe. "what do you mean?! I ran away, there was no kidnapper."

"We know about that man Thad, he kidnapped you all those years ago and then he tricked you to run away" Edafe said hatefully and Sienna's eyes widened in horror. "He will pay for his crimes."

"No! He didn't-" Sienna shook her head frantically.

"Sienna!" Thad appeared at the entrance of the building, panting heavily and he froze when he saw everyone.

They turned to him with looks varying from surprise to anger and suspicion and he stared at them alarmed. Sienna shook her head slowly in panic.

"Run" She said in a barely audible voice. She suddenly yelled, "Run Thad!"

"That is the man! Arrest him!" Edafe roared angrily and the policemen immediately rushed at Thad who hesitated at Sienna's command.

"No! No! Thad!" Sienna yelled in horror as she tried to reach Thad who was accosted by the officers. "Leave him! Thad!"

The memory faded away and Sienna was lying on her bed in her current room, whimpering in her sleep. "Thad" she muttered as tears streamed down her cheeks.