17|| The Harder He Falls

I don't know how I fell in love with you. I don’t know how, I don’t know why. I just did.

•|•|•|•|•

Sienna and Andrew returned to the office with Andrew deciding to stay till Sienna closed. He noticed the way Ethan stared at them and looked at Sienna.

“What is up with that man? He keeps staring at you and he looks at me like he wants to throw me over a well” Andrew said humouredly and Sienna looked in Ethan's direction.

“I think I’m getting it, he likes you doesn’t he?” Andrew said amused and Sienna looked down at the table unable to answer.

“Wow, and I thought the day would never come where a man would like the rude cold you, I was wrong” Andrew teased and Sienna looked disturbed.

Soon, it was closing hours and everyone walked out of the office. Ethan stood outside with Amaechi and Ahmed and saw Sienna and Andrew leaving.

“Sienna and that man must have a tight relationship for him to stay this closing hours” Ahmed said. Amaechi nodded in agreement and Ethan stared at the topic of their discussion unhappily.

Sienna looked back and saw Ethan staring. She pursed her lips and impulsively locked arms with Andrew. Andrew stared at her briefly surprised but noticed her glance at Ethan.

“I see” Andrew said knowingly and asked, “why are you doing this to him?”

“I want him to stop. He is only a friend I made here and I want nothing more, if this is what I need to do to stop his feelings, I’ll do it” Sienna said, glancing back at Ethan but turned around when Ethan kept on staring.

“Are you sure you feel nothing?” Andrew asked curiously, tilting his head to get a better look at her. “when I first confessed to you in Uni., you straightforwardly rejected me and never looked at me. You ignored me until I got over you.”

“Why aren't you doing the same? Why do you keep looking at him?” Andrew asked, though he felt he knew the answer.

“He is…he was the one who made me get closer to my colleagues. I can’t really abandon him” Sienna meekly replied, “that doesn’t mean I feel that way about him.”

“What makes you think you can't like someone else? I know you loved Thad but it's been six years.” Andrew said softly, “I think it's time you do what makes you happy, especially if it has to do with someone else.”

Sienna’s silence made him think she was considering it but she shook her head. “No, no, never” Sienna said in defiance and Andrew shook his head in defeat.

Andrew and Sienna said goodbye and went their own ways. Thinking over Andrew's concerns about her father, Sienna hesitatingly made her way to her father's house.

Sienna got out of the car and went to the gate. She knocked and announced herself. The gateman let her in surprised and Sienna went ahead after confirming her parents were home.

“Who is it?” A maid asked after hearing a knock in the door.

“Sienna, it's Sienna.”

The maid opened the door shocked to see Sienna after so many years. Sienna walked in ignoring the maid's stunned reaction.

“Sienna?” Amaka said surprised and in disbelief to see Sienna. Sienna grudgingly greeted her mother.

Seconds later, Sienna sat across Amaka and Edafe. Amaka was tearing up in disbelief while Edafe acted all huffy. Sienna looked equally as huffy to be here.