16|| Confess Your Heart

It's not that we are scared of being rejected, Maybe we are scared that if we confess and got rejected, the closeness would never go back to the way it used to be.

•|•|•|•|•

Sienna stood shocked with Ethan's lips on hers. She quickly collected herself and slapped him. Ethan staggered back from the hit while Sienna stared at him feeling betrayed.

"What was that for? Why did you do that?" Sienna asked with angry tears pooling her eyes.

"Sienna, I...I'm sorry. It was an impulsive act--"

"Is it because I was nice to you? You want to take advantage of that? God, you really can't trust people" Sienna said angrily while Ethan looked frantic.

"No, you are misunderstanding. I didn't do that because I think you are easy" Ethan quickly said. He reached for her but Sienna avoided him, glaring deathly.

"I didn't do that to take advantage of you. It was a wrong thing to do but I couldn't help it because I like you" Ethan had to admit so Sienna wouldn't misunderstand.

Sienna stared at Ethan more shocked over his confession. She stared in disbelief at his confession and suddenly started laughing nervously.

"Th-You are joking right? You are lying to me. You are trying to cover up right" She said disbelieving.

"No, I'm serious. I know, listen, I realised that every time you are around me, I feel happy" Ethan said sincerely. "I like being with you, I like talking about you, I like everything about you, I just like you."

Ethan stared at disbelieving Sienna hopefully but she shook her head in disbelief.

"You can't, no one can't. Don't ever talk to me again" Sienna said coldly, not giving Ethan a chance to protest and Ethan watched despondently as Sienna walked away.

Ethan and Sienna returned to their apartments, feeling troubled about this development between them.

The next day at the firm building, in a mirroring of Sienna and Ethan's brief first meeting. Sienna stood in the elevator waiting for it to go up while Ethan dashed into the building.

He ran towards the elevator but stopped when he saw Sienna in it. They stared at each other and Sienna pointedly pressed the button for it to go up.

Ethan didn't make any move to approach the elevator and so the elevator door closed.

Up in the office, the lawyers noticed Sienna and Ethan were quiet around each other and Sienna was looking really grumpy but they didn't ask if there was a problem.

At closing hours, Ethan said goodbye to some lawyers, trying to look cheerful but Sienna's reaction had really saddened him.

He looked at Sienna who had walked some distance away from him with Sharon. He turned away and Sienna cast furtive glances at him.

"Ethan!"

Ethan, Sienna and Sharon turned to see Titilayo coming to meet Ethan and Sienna looked away upset. "Titi, what are you doing here?" Ethan said surprised, "I said, I would come."

"I closed early so I thought we could go together" Titilayo replied smiling and greeted Sienna. "Good evening."

"Uh, good evening" Sienna mumbled in response and Sharon cast an odd glance at her. Ethan looked at Sienna to see her reaction but she looked away indifferent.

"Let's go" Titilayo said, hooking her arm with Ethan's and pulling him away.

Sharon sneered at Titilayo as she left while Sienna tried not to glance at them. "She is really lucky to be close to Ethan or else Ethan would never look at her" Sharon said. "I heard that Ethan is rarely close to a girl that way. He is not a relationship guy."