07|| Aching Heart

There are wounds that never show on the body that are deeper and more hurtful than anything that bleeds.

•|•|•|•|•

"...my client, Mr. Folarin Babalola did not murder the victim. He was a pharmacy close by and I have the cashier who sold whatever he bought here" Sienna said impassively.

"Your honor, the accused could have taken a shorter route back. There are many shortcuts in the area."

"...the victim's fiancé, Mr. Tobiloba Adeyiga claimed he had travelled out two days before the murder but a friend of his claimed he saw him hours before the murder took place."

"I contend that the fiancé is responsible for the murder and should be investigated."

"...Mr. Folarin Babalola is acquitted of his crimes and an investigation is to begin immediately on Mr. Tobiloba Adeyiga."

After the court hearing, everyone walked out. Ethan seemed impressed. "What did you think?" Amaechi asked.

"She is really tough, she kept pushing her point without letting the prosecutors rest" Ethan said impressed. He paused, a thought suddenly coming to mind.

"Have you ever seen Attorney Sienna smile?" He asked Amaechi.

"Attorney Sienna?" Amaechi repeated surprised. "Yes, once. The whole office was so shocked that day. She has a beautiful smile, I don't understand why she frowns all the time."

"Who did she smile at?" Ethan asked curiously.

"Mr. Olayinka, maybe she smiles in front of other people but I have rarely seen it" Amaechi said and Ethan slowly nodded.

Sienna approached them and they congratulated her. "Thank you" Sienna answered coolly.

"I'm guessing you are not going to celebrate at all" Sharon said, testing the waters.

"You always talk about celebrating, I have other things to do than celebrating minor cases" Sienna said frowning.

"Jeez, okay. Don't be harsh" Sharon said scowling. "Well, I'll be going, bye."

"Wait for me" Amaechi quickly said as Sharon started walking away. He turned to Ethan, "aren't you coming?"

"Um sure, Okay" Ethan said unsure and nodded goodbye to Sienna. Sienna nodded in response and Ethan followed Amaechi out.

"Attorney Sienna, there are some people here for you" A man said and Sienna looked at him confused.

"Me? Where are they?" Sienna asked.

"They are waiting outside, come" the man said and she hesitantly followed. She followed him outside to the parking spot and froze when she saw two familiar yet distant figure.

"There they are" the man said and left while Sienna stared in shock.

Amaka and Edafe saw her and their eyes lit up. Amaka looked happy but Edafe looked a bit gruff. "Sienna..." Amaka said happily and approached her.

Sienna stepped back with a look of shock as opposed to their joyful look. "Don't come closer, don't" she said in a pain stricken voice.

"Sienna" Amaka said sadly, coming to a halt.

In the background, Ethan walked around with a phone pressed to his ear. He saw Sienna and her parents and looked at them curiously.

"Why are you here?! Why are you here?!" Sienna screamed angrily.

"Why are you making it a crime to see you?! We are your parents, we are worried about you!" Edafe said angrily.

"Worry?" Sienna scoffed in disbelief, "Stop worrying about me, please! I am not your daughter, I never was, please!"