32|| Curse

You brought me sunshine when I only saw rain, you brought me laughter when I only saw pain.

•|•|•|•|•

At Olayinka and Co. Law firm, Sienna cheerfully strutted her way to her office to the surprise of the lawyers. Ethan followed behind her and his friends gathered him.

"Why is Sienna so happy?" Ahmed asked amazed, "I've never seen her so...cheerful."

"Her parents approved of us" Ethan smiled and walked away.

"Wow, who knew her parents' approval meant so much to her?" Amaechi said in surprise. The lawyers returned to their offices.

Later, Ethan was talking to Amaechi, Rotimi and Ahmed. "Tiwa brought her friend to our first date. To be honest, I was super angry" Amaechi admitted. "Why do women like doing that thing?"

"For security reasons?" Rotimi answered unsure.

"It's not like we don't work in the same office" Amaechi replied.

"Right" Rotimi nodded.

Ethan continued eating then raised his head slowly in realization. "What is it?" Amaechi asked.

"I just realized Sienna and I have never gone a real date. Even once" He said wide-eyed.

"Really? Why?" Ahmed asked surprised.

Ethan looked back at Sienna who was laughing and talking with Tiwa and Sharon. "Whenever we tried to go on a date, we were always interrupted" he answered and looked at them, "and I mean always."

"So...what are you going to do now that you realise?" Rotimi asked confused.

"This" Ethan said determined and got up. He walked over to Sienna's table and she looked at him. His determined look made her curious.

"What is it Ethan?" She asked.

"We're going on a date!" Ethan declared, surprising Sienna by grabbing her hand. Rotimi, Ahmed and Amaechi gaped at his boldness.

"What are you doing?" Sienna said alarmed, and pulled her hand back. She looked around as Tiwa and Sharon's Jaws dropped.

"Wow, Sienna has really cooled down" Ahmed noted and the rest nodded in agreement.

Ethan sat next to her. "Every time we plan to go on a date or go on a date, something goes wrong. A case comes up or something bad happens, remember?" he pointed out.

"Hmm" Sienna said thoughtfully as she remembered their first date. She felt nervous about it even though they were already dating.

She and Ethan had arrived at the restaurant and ordered food. They were about to eat when an issue with a legal document Debo sent to the court came up and she had to leave.

Other obstructions came in form of Ethan being stuck in traffic, being swamped with work, Jaws' appearance and Chisom's kidnapping.

"You're right" she said in realization, "do you think our dates are cursed?"

"I don't believe in curses" Ethan said dismissively, "I believe in controlling your own destiny. We are having that date."

Sienna shook her head at Ethan's forwardness and eagerness. "You make me wonder what energy you run on that makes you so strange" she said and kissed his cheek. "text me the place and time."

Ethan grinned and returned to his seat while Tiwa, Sharon, Amaechi, Ahmed and Rotimi sat in their seats looking disgusted at the public display of affection.

"Never do that in front of us" Tiwa deadpanned.

"This is oppression o!" Sharon shouted in envy and Sienna sheepishly laughed her comment away.