33|| Past, Present, Future

We all make mistakes, have struggles and even regret things in the past but you are not your mistakes, nor are you your struggles and you are here now with the power to shape your day and your future.

•|•|•|•|•

Tamara, Eric, Sienna and Ethan were gathered together in Tamara's house reading newspapers and online articles on Sienna and it made Ethan's blood boil.

"How dare they print this? They are maligning Sienna's character and making her seem like she was supporting a crime" Ethan raged, getting up abruptly.

"Calm down Ethan" Tamara softly said, placing a hand on his arm. Ethan breathed deeply and sat down.

"In a way, they are right" Sienna said staring blankly at space. Her friends abruptly looked at her. "I loved Thad so much that I was blind to his past. I know he changed but the world doesn't know and they will never understand."

"Don't be like this Sienna, we will find a way to fix everything. We have your back" Tamara gave a supportive smile and placed her hand on Sienna's own.

"But what do we do about this whole mess? The papers and articles didn't give Sienna's name" Eric asked. "they only gave the story and firm and the hint she is an adopted daughter of a wealthy family."

"Please, that is enough for everyone who knows Sienna to figure it out. Besides, how dare Laura give an interview?" Tamara said angrily, "even if they blurred her face, I can tell it's her."

As Tamara and Eric talked and argued, Ethan looked at Sienna who had been quiet this time. She looked deep in thought.

"Sienna?" Ethan said, holding her hand that was on her lap. Sienna looked at him and attempted a weak smile. Ethan looked away and saw Eric and Tamara staring at them softly.

"Maybe we should talk more tomorrow Sienna, you look tired" Tamara said empathetically.

Sienna smiled apologetically and got up. Ethan got up after her but she walked out slowly. Ethan followed her and Eric and Tamara watched them leave.

"How could this happen? They were finally so happy" Tamara asked upset, still looking in the direction of her door.

"Maybe...this is another challenge they have to overcome together" Eric softly said.

Outside the building, Ethan cast furtive glances at Sienna as he drove her home in her car.

When they got home, Sienna quietly left and went to her apartment. Ethan followed and stopped her before she went inside.

"Sienna" He called and she turned around.

"Here" Ethan said softly, putting the car keys in her hand. Sienna looked at it and smiled.

"Thank you" she looked at him tenderly.

"I...I'm sorry I forced you to turn your phone off. If I didn't, we would have known what was happening sooner" Ethan said feeling regretful.

"It's alright, It's not your fault" Sienna consoled, not looking affected anymore. "It just...happened. I'll talk to you later."

"Okay" Ethan answered hesitantly, "sleep well."

Sienna smiled and went inside her apartment. Ethan sighed and went to his own apartment.