three

-

-

As Daella and Ser Harwin arrived at her chambers, her mother stood outside looking panicked. But once she saw her daughter, she hurried as fast as she could to her.

She was pulled into her mother's arms as her mother kissed her head. "I couldn't find you. Where were you?"

"I found her by the weirwood tree." Ser Harwin told her mother. "Thank you, Ser Harwin." Her mother said to him, making her turn in her mother's arms.

She looked at Ser Harwin, seeing a look in his eyes, but she couldn't place it. "Be careful next time, Princess." He said, looking down at her with a soft smile.

"I promise." She told him before watching him walk away. Her mother pulled her into her chambers, and Daella helped her mother to sit.

"I'm sorry for running," Daella whispered while putting her arms around her mother's neck. "It's fine, sweet girl. I know it came as a shock."

Her mother pulled away and put her hands on Daellas cheeks. "I thought this would be good for us. The family." She nodded to her mother and put her hands on her mothers.

"Maybe we could have peace." "What did the Queen say?" Daella asked her mother, and her mother shook her head. "She tried to fight against it."

"But The King was overjoyed and happily wanted this marriage." Daella smiled at the thought of her grandsire being happy. He, as of recently, doesn't have anything to be pleased about.

"I accept my duty. I will make you proud, I promise you." She told her mother, making her smile. Rhaenyra kissed her daughter's head before leaning back in the chair.

Daella helped her mother out of the chair and toward the door. "Escort my mother to her chambers. Be careful." She warned the guard outside her door.

"I'll be fine. Have sweet dreams, my sweet girl." She watched as her mother left and returned to her room. She moved to the divider of her room and changed into her nightgown.

She reached for the wooden box and placed it on her nightstand. "Good night, My little friend." She whispered to the mantis before turning in her bed.

In the middle of the night, she found herself staring at her ceiling. "Princess?" She heard the voice of her guard whisper.

She sits up to see the door open slightly with his head leaning in. "What is it?" She asked him while crossing her arms.

"It's Prince Lucerys." That was all he had to say to have her out of her bed and at the door. "Are you alright? Is something wrong?"

She softly pulled Lucerys into her chambers. She gave her guard a look, and he nodded then the door was closed.

"Are you alright?" She asked again, and he shook his head. "I had a bad dream." He explained, making her smile softly.

"You can stay with me. Come on." She told him, ushering him to the bed. "Are you comfortable?" He nodded as she pulled the blanket over him and herself.

"Mother said you are to marry. What does she mean?" He asked softly as she laid her head on the pillow.

"It means I will have a husband, like mother and father." She explained, not looking at him. "Ew." He said, causing her to let out a laugh.

She finally turned over to look at him. "I will be fine. Never worry about me." She held her hand out to him, and he took it.

"If he's a mean man, I will protect you." He told her, causing her to shake her head. "Everything will be okay. I know how to defend myself." She smiled as Lucerys huffed.

"You need not worry about me. Just get some sleep." She whispered to him and smiled, watching his eyes close. She looked at him one last time and closed her eyes. She felt him squeeze her hand and smiled.

-