twenty-four

-

-

Helaena soon after joined Daella in eating breakfast. The wet nurses fed the babies as Daella spoke to Helaena.

"Your mother seemed enraged. What did you speak of?" Helaena asked softly as Daella took her hand. "We spoke of Aegon."

Helaena glanced over at the children with a frown. "What happened?" Daella shook her head, replying, "Could we speak of insects new to your collection."

Helaena's eyes lit up at the mention, and Daella gave her a soft smile. She listened closely as the hours passed. Annalie had entered and taken their trays as they spoke.

"I have spoken to the King," Rhaenyra told them as she walked into the room. She stopped as she stood at the foot of the bed.

"This can be your permanent quarters. The only contact will be when you have to dine together." Rhaenyra tells her daughter before looking at Helaena, who was looking at Daella.

That was the moment Rhaenyra knew. The way Helaena looked at Daella with a soft, gentle gaze. She looked at her daughter, who had now turned her attention to Helaena.

As well, Daella looked at Helaena with a soft smile and gentle gaze. She sighed, looking down at her hands, then saying, "I shall leave you two. I will be back with your brothers for lunch."

Daella looked at her mother and nodded before she left the room. "Are you glad to have this back?" Helaena asked, looking around the room.

"Of course, it was once my mother's. Now it is mine again." Daella smiled, eating some of the soup. As the wet nurses left the room, she attempted to push herself up. Helaena stood and made her way to the left side of the bed.

"Where do you wish to go?" Helaena asked as she took Daella's hand to help her. As Daella finally pushed herself up, Helaena took hold of her arm to steady her.

"I want to see them." She smiled as Helaena nodded, and they slowly made their way over. They came to stand before her children, both smiling.

She looked into Aeny's cradle to see a black egg with speckles of red. But Aemma's egg was the opposite. It was red with speckles of white. That made her smile as they would match.

"The eggs are perfect. Don't you think?" She asked Helaena, who nodded while looking solemnly at the twins.

Daella knows what has come to her mind but chooses not to ask. She is afraid of what she will hear from her.

"Shall we take a walk through the halls?" Daella asked, but Helaena shook her head. "Your mother told me you should rest."

Daella sighed before placing both hands on Aemma's cradle. "I am standing now, and I wish to take a walk." She says, looking over into Helaena's eyes.

Helaena sighed as she took Daella's arm, causing Daella to smile. "You do need fresh air," Helaena told her, looking at Daellas face.

Daella leaned onto Helaenas side as their arms linked together. "Princess, you should be resting." The guard at the door says as they walk out the door.

"You are free to go," Daella tells him, waving him off with her right hand. He bows his head at her and then turns on his heels.

They slowly made their way toward the balcony to the fresh air. Daella removed her arm from Helaena's and leaned on the half wall.

She closed her eyes, facing her head to the sky, as she smiled. Helaena looked at her softly before her smile quickly turned to a frown.

"Have you rested well?" Daella's eyes open as her head turns to see the Queen walking toward them. "I have, my Queen."

Helaena moved closer to Daella and subconsciously putting her hand on her arm. "I believe your mother has told you."

Daella nodded her head, looking back out at King's Landing. "I am sorry, my Queen." Alicent gave her a faint smile before walking closer.

"You could have come to me. I told you that you could." Alicent told her as she brushed some hair from the girl's face. Daella flinched back as Alicent pulled her hand away.

"Speak to me from here forward. No need to pester your mother." The Queen tells her before clasping her hands together and turning away.

-