forty

-

-

The trip came to an end as she saw the castle. They were met with guards as they landed their dragons. "I wish to see my mother!" She demanded as she pushed past them.

She made her way to the bridge, and a faint smile came to her face. Her mother was waiting, wearing a crown with a neutral look. Beside her was Daemon with his hand on the hilt of dark sister.

Helaena held the twin's hands tighter and stood closer to Daella. "Mother..."

She looked at her mother, whose cold gaze turned soft, at her daughter and grandchildren. "I come seeing refuge." She told her, looking at Daemon beside her mother.

She unstrapped Vaegon and turned, handing him to Helaena. "Everything will be okay. I promise," Daella told her softly as Helaena let go of the twins and took the babe.

She turned to see her mother walking toward her. "My sweet girl...." That was all it took for Daella to hurry into her mother's arms.

Rhaenyra sighed softly into Daella's shoulder as Daella pushed her head further into her mother's neck. "I didn't bow to him. I swear to you." She whispered to her mother as tears escaped her eyes.

"I know, sweet girl. Rhaenys told me." Rhaenyra pulled away with tears in her eyes as she cupped her daughter's cheek. She wiped away her daughter's tears before kissing her forehead.

Daella pulled her mother into another hug, not wanting to let go. "Where are my brothers?" She asked her mother, who smiled at her.

"They have left as envoys. We need allies." Rhaenyra explained to her daughter, who nodded. "They should be back before supper, and you shall see each other then, Sweet Girl."

"You are welcome here, Helaena," Rhaenyra said, looking at her and then at her daughter with a knowing smile. Daella turned and held her hands out as the twins rushed to her.

"Come, Helaena." She whispered with a soft smile as Helaena shuffled toward them.

"You can stay behind me. But now you are safe." She told her, letting go of Aenys hand and brushing hair from Helaena's face.

She took her son's hand as they turned and followed her mother and Daemon inside.

Her twins let go of her hands as they saw Baela and Rhaena. She smiled, seeing them hug as Helaena stopped next to her.

"Follow me." Her mother whispered, taking her hand. "Where is?" Daella asked before touching her mother's stomach.

"You had a sister," Rhaenyra whispered to her daughter as her eyes filled with tears. "Mother..." Daella trailed, grabbing her mother into her tight grasp.

"I should have come earlier. I should have been here." Daella told her mother, who shook her head, pulling away. "It was not your fault."

Rhaenyra wiped the tears from her daughter's eyes. "Let us enjoy a moment of happiness." She told her daughter, leading her to a room.

Daellas eyes widened as it was stone with a balcony. There was a giant dragon engraved into the wall.

Near the window was a bed, and next to it was a cradle. But across from the bed was a seating area, and against the wall were two beds. Each is small enough for her children.

"I knew you would come back to me. I had it prepared for you and Helaena." She told her daughter with a knowing look.

"You remind me of your father." Rhaenyra trailed off, seeing Helaena walking up behind them. "You are more than welcome to stay together."

She smiled at her mother and held her hand out to Helaena. Helaena quickly took it as Daella guided her into their now chambers.

-

Gif from lomapacks (Tumblr)