thirty-seven

-

-

Daella rolled over in her bed as she heard the door lock. She heard keys jingle as she sat up in her bed. Her eyes widened as she hurried out of her bed and toward her door.

Daella turned the knob only for it to be still. "I demand you tell me what is going on!" She shouted as she hit the door with the palm of her hand. "Open the door!" The answer she got was only silence.

She sighed before kicking the door and turning away to sit on her bed. Then her eyes lit up as she hurriedly got a dress from her closet and changed.

She stood by the door with a candlestick in hand. But when the door opened, it was the Queen. She held the stick behind her back as she watched the Queen enter.

She dropped it back onto the table as the Queen finally turned to her. "Your grandsire has passed," Alicent tells the girl, slowly moving toward her.

"Then where is my mother? Should she not be here?" She asked, keeping space between herself and the Queen.

"You must accept Aegon as king," Alicent explained to her. Daella scoffed as she shook her head. "You will be Queen. Don't you wish to be Queen?" Daella looked at Alicent with fire in her eyes.

"I never wished to wear a Crown. My mother is the true heir. Why would you defy her that?" She asked, attempting to get through to the Queen.

"A guard will be here before dawn with a gown. I hope you would wear as a semblance of peace." Alicent told her, watching the girl continue to walk backward.

"You will see in time, and you should rest, Princess. I know this is stressful." The Queen says before finally leaving the room.

Daella grabs a cup from her table and throws it to the ground. Daella then grabbed herself a piece of paper and quill and began to write.

She wrote how she was being forced to be Queen and how she wanted to return to her family. As she finished, she hoped there were enough people on her mother's side that it would get to her.

She sat on her bed, holding the letter tightly to her chest as she waited for dawn. She hoped her children were safe.

She sighed before placing the letter under her pillow and walking toward the door. "I wish to know of my children. Of my maids." She told the guard, who answered with silence.

"I need them to be safe." She whispered to herself as she slid down the door. She held her head in her hands as she began to sob.

No one was there to help her this time. She was alone, and she felt it. She wiped her eyes, stood, and went to her window.

From her window, she could see the moon, which filled her with dread. "I wish my mother won't see me a traitor." She whispered, falling to her knees.

That was the night she cried until she could not anymore. When a slice of light came through her window, the door opened.

"Ser Erryk?" She asked, standing to her feet. She smiled softly, knowing it was him.

Her eyes lit up as she rushed to her bed. She pulled the letter from her pillow and hurried to him.

"You must get this to Rhaenys, as I believe she is still here." She tells him quickly, and he nods. "Of course, Princess. I am sorry." He tells her, seeing the sadness in her eyes.

"It is all right, but you must get this to her. It needs to reach my mother, do you promise?" She asked, taking the dress in her hands.

"I promise, Princess." He tells her, taking the letter and folding it before placing it safely in his armor.

She smiled, watching him go, and turned to the dress she was to wear. She frowned, noticing what it was.

-