four

-

-

The following day she woke and started her class with her Septa. Her Septa Elora had told her that today's class would be learning embroidery. She groaned as her Septa handed her the hoop that had fabric.

"Why must we do this? Why not just learn of the kings." She asked her Septa, who shook her head, "That will be tomorrow. Now let's start."

Minutes Princess Helaena walked in. "What is it you need, Princess?" Asked her Septa as the girl walked to the seat next to Daella.

"I came to join. If that is alright?" Helaena asked, causing the Septa to nod her head. Daella looked at her friend with a wide smile.

"We were just starting embroidery." Her Septa told the princess, who gave a nod. "She is already skilled in it, are you not?" Daella teased the princess, who shook her head.

"I am no better than you are," Helaena spoke softly as Daella turned her body to her friend. They sat face to face as they began their embroidery in comfortable silence.

This is the kind of silence Daella loved, and she would mostly spend it with her mother. She looked over and saw that Helaena was embroidering a spider.

"I wish I could do that," Daella said softly, causing Helaena to look up then at Daellas lap. In her lap was a failed embroidery of a snake.

"It looks better than mine, I assure you," Helaena reassured her before looking to the Septa, who hurried toward them. "Princess Daella, it appears your mother has gone into labor."

She quickly handed the embroidery to her septa and hurried out of the room. She rushed to her mother's chambers to find her brothers. "Have you picked the dragon egg?"

"No, we were waiting for you," Jacaerys told her as he turned her toward the door. She held her hand out, and Lucerys instantly attached himself to her side.

"Shall we, princes and princess." Ser Harwin said as he walked up to them. She hadn't noticed him until that moment.

They made their way down wear the dragon keepers kept their eggs. In front of them were two eggs that the keepers had picked.

The pots holding them were opened, and steam rose into the air. The egg on the left was black with only hints of green. In contrast, the other on the right was red with hints of black.

She and Jace shared a nod before she said, "Luke, We believe you should pick." He looked up at her with bright eyes, then at Jace, who nodded.

He hurried over to the two and carefully exclaimed them. She rushed over as he reached his hand out to touch one. "Have you decided?" Jace asked, walking over to them.

"Yes! This one!" He said, pointing at the black egg with hints of green. "It seems like a fit." She told him before the dragon keepers took the other away.

The guards lifted the pot carefully before they left. They returned to the castle while Ser Harwin followed closely behind and then to their mother's chambers.

Daella found herself sitting in her mother's regular seat.

"Are you not happy, princess?" A voice asked from above her, and she tilted her head up to see Ser Harwin. She nodded her head, but he could tell something was wrong.

"I know it'll be another brother. I may never get a sister." She told him, making him smile. "I heard that if you are good and wish hard enough, you may get one." He whispered to her.

She squinted her eyes at him, saying, "Are you sure of that?" He gave her a nod, "Of course, princess. Don't you trust me?" Daella sighed before nodding at him.

Her head snapped at the door as it opened to show her mother and father, who was carrying their new sibling.