thirteen

-

-

As they walked, she looked down at Luke, who was bleeding from his nose as they stopped in the throne room and moved his hands.

"Are you alright?" A soft voice asked while a hand went to her arm. "We are fine," Daella told Helaena softly, making her nod.

Daella felt sadness flow through her as Helaena walked back to the other side.

"How could you allow such a thing to happen?" King Viserys shouted, making her head turn. The Maesters we're tending to Aemond.

"I will have answers" "The princes were supposed to be a bed, My King." Daella turned around, placing herself in front of her hurt brother.

"Who had the watch?" King Viserys asked. Jace wrapped his arm around Lucerys. "The young prince was attacked by his own cousins, Your grace."

Daella turned to her brothers, silently asking if they were okay. They both nodded at her as she stood beside Luke taking his hand. "You swore oaths to protect and defend my blood!"

"I'm very sorry, Your grace." Ser Harrold says to the King. "The Kingsgaurd has never had to defend princes from princes." Ser Criston says, making her roll her eyes.

"That is no answer!" King Viserys shouts at him. "It will heal, will it not, Maester?" Queen Alicent asks from beside the Maester holding Aemond's hand.

"The flesh will heal. But the eye is lost, Your Grace." She wraps her arm around her brothers as Queen Alicent rises from her spot. Daella watches as Queen Alicent slaps and pushes Aegon, "Where were you?"

"Me? What was that for?" He asks, making Daella look at Helaena, who was looking at the floor. "That was nothing compared to the abuse your brother suffered while you were drowning in your cups, you fool."

"What is the meaning of this?" She turns to see Lord Corlys and Lady Rhaenys coming down the steps. "Baela, Rhaena! What happened?" Lady Rhaenys asks as the girls rush over to them.

Lord Corlys looks over at her and her siblings and then at Aemond. "Jace? Daella? Luke!" Their mother shouts as she hurries over to them.

She and Jace move away as their mother kneels in front of Luke. "Show me. Show me." Their mother coaxes him to move his hands from his nose.

"Who did this?" She asks as Daella and Jace stand behind Luke. "They attacked me!" Aemond shouts, causing Jace to reply, "He attacked Baela!"

"He broke Luke's nose!" Baela shouted back, and soon the children were in a screaming match. "He stole my mother's dragon!"

"He was gonna kill Jace!" The children shouted to each other before King Viserys shouted, "Silence!" They all quieted down, and Daella placed her hand on Jace's arm.

"He called us bastards," Jace whispered to their mother. Daella nodded as Rhaneyra looked at her for confirmation.

Their mother stood and then turned to face the room. Daella wrapped her arm around Luke as Jace stood next to them. "Aemond... I will have the truth of what happened."

She watched as King Viserys stepped down and made his way to Aemond. "Now." "What else is there to hear?" Queen Alicent says, making Daella look over.

Daella stepped over toward Jace as their mother wrapped her arms around Luke. "Your son has been maimed. Her son is responsible." Queen Alicent tells her husband.

"It was a regrettable accident." Her mother says, making Queen Alicent reply quickly, "Accident? The Prince Lucerys brought a blade to the ambush." Daella glanced over to Jace, who looked at his feet.

"He meant to kill my son." Daella sunk back after their mother was angered, "It was my sons and daughter who were attacked and forced to defend themselves."

"Vile insults were levied against them." Their mother says, standing in front of them. "What insults?" King Viserys asked, making Daella look at the ground.

"The legitimacy of my children's births was put loudly to question." Their mother answers, making Daella wrap her arm around Jace.

"What?" The King asked, making Jace say, "He called us Bastards." Jace placed a hand on his sister's arm as their mother said, "My children are in line to inherit the Iron Throne, Your grace."

"This is the highest of treasons." Their mother argued, making Daella sigh. "Prince Aemond must be sharply questioned. So we might learn where he heard such slanders."

-