twenty-nine

-

-

She hurriedly made her way to the training yard. She rolled her eyes upon seeing Aemond training, as it seemed he never rested.

She smiled as she saw her brothers looking at the weaponry on the table. She could see Jace smiling as Luke held a frown.

"Brothers!" She shouted, gaining their attention away from the table. "Dae!" Luke yelled as he ran over to her.

She almost fell back by force but stood firm. She smiled as her head fell onto his, as they hugged tightly. Jace stood behind him, smiling at his sister.

"How are you?" She asked, pulling away, keeping her hands on Luke's shoulders. "A bit tired but happy." He tells her with a bright smile.

He pulled her in for another tight hug causing her to kiss his head.

Jace walks toward them. Daella smiles as she opens her arms to Jace.

He gives her a broad smile hurrying into her arms, "I have missed you dearly. I am glad to see you happy." Jace whispers to her, hugging her tightly.

Jace pulled back as she frowned, looking at him, "I must speak to my husband. I will join you shortly thereafter." She explains to him, making Jace scoff.

"Don't leave me now." Luke groaned as he grabbed ahold of her arm. She laughed before petting his hair, "I will join you again. You needn't worry."

He lets go of her hand as she slowly makes her way back up the steps. She balled her hands into fists and made her way into his quarters.

As she walked in, she saw another maid pouring him a drink. "Reila, could you leave us?" She asked, watching the timid maid nod.

Reila moved past the Princess, but Daella took her arm. "I will help you any way I can, I promise." She whispers, making the maid smile sadly.

"Dear wife, what do I owe the pleasure." He says with a smirk as he stands. Daella watches as the maid leaves before closing the door.

"Why have you done it again?" She asked tiredly as she turned to look at him. He gave her a laugh before sipping his wine, "Do they not love me?"

Daella sighs as she walks toward her husband. "I have told you if you lay a hand on my maids again, I will take one." She tells him a promise, filling her words.

"I do not fear you, dear wife." He tells her as he slugs to her. She scowls as he brushes hair from her face.

Before his hand leaves, she grabs it into her fist tightly. "I swear to you, if you touch another maid, I will take something you love."

Aegon could feel a cold chill down his back, knowing what she spoke of. He pulled his wrist from her hand, making him stagger backward.

"If you speak of this to your mother. I will know." She tells him before turning and opening the door. She left the room and made her way to her own.

Inside, she found her brothers, her children, and Helaena. Luke was playing with toys alongside Aenys and Aemma.

She smiled, seeing Helaena cradling Vaegon, speaking softly to Jace. She knew Helaena was uncomfortable in the presence of others but made an effort with Daella's brothers.

"How did it go?" Helaena asked, turning upon feeling Daellas presence which made her smile. "What has he done?" Jace asked, confusion written on his features.

Daella walked over, taking the babe from Helaena's arms and cradling him in her own. "He has been dealt with no reason to bother brother."

She smiles as Vaegon leans back to look at her. "Hello, My sweet little one." She whispered, bouncing him in her arms, causing him to giggle.

"I am glad he looks like you," Jace says as she hears Luke laugh from the floor. Daella gave her brothers a small smile.

"It is his feeding time," Annalie says as she enters the room. Daella kisses her son's head before handing him over to Annalie.

She waves to her son as they leave the room. "Aenys will be a warrior, do you think?" Jace asks as he smiles at his nephew.

"Something once precious will be taken like a flame to paper," Helaena whispers causing Jace to look at his sister.

-