thirty-five

-

-

The Queen then stood, taking her cup in hand, "I raise my cup to you and to your house. You will make a fine queen." She says, then sits back down as everyone drinks.

Next to her, Aegon downs the entire cup making her roll her eyes. Her head turned to her husband, seeing him getting up.

But before she could grab his arm, he was between Jace and Baela. She sighed, looking back down to Helaenas hand in hers.

Her head looked up again, hearing something bang on the table. She looked over seeing Jace standing with both hands placed on the table.

Aegon sauntered back to his chair, making Daella sigh, watching him. She then glanced at Helaena, seeing Aemond standing next to her, staring down Jace.

She looked at the table, grabbed her cup, and took a slow sip. She felt this night would end horribly just by her husband's actions.

She held her cup close to her chest as Helaena pulled her hand away. Her head turned as her brother began to speak.

She closed her eyes upon seeing Jace awkwardly hit Aegons shoulder. "To Prince Aegon and Prince Aemond. We have not seen each other in years, but I have fond memories of our shared youth."

She held her cup to her mouth, taking another long sip. "And as men, I hope we may yet be friends and allies. To you and your family's good health, dear uncles."

She watched everyone take a sip as she held her cup close. "To you as well," Aegon replied in a monotone, making her shake her head.

Everyone watched as Aemond finally sat down. "Beware the beast beneath the boards," Helaena whispered to herself, making Daella lean forward in her chair.

"Well done, my boy," Viserys said, hitting his cane on the floor. She sighed, closing her eyes, then opening them and standing.

She held her glass up as she cleared her throat, "I want to toast to my cousins and brothers. I admit I wish my cousins and I were closer, but this is my duty."

She looked to her brothers, smiling, "I hope you all have nothing but good health and joy in your marriages. I could only hope your happiness is better than mine." She finally tells them as Aegon brings his hands to his face.

They all took a sip as she sat herself down. "Let us have some music." The King said, and the music then began.

She cuddled her cup in her hands as her brother walked past her. She smiled, seeing him offer his hand to Helaena.

Helaena looked at Daella as she took his hand, and Daella gave her a soft smile. As they walked to the center of the room, Daella turned in her chair.

She leaned her side to the back of it, her head resting on the top, watching them. She felt something tap her foot, and when she turned, she saw Aemond.

He watched them dance, but he motioned his head to her plate. She looked down, saw the food on it, and smiled.

She would eat from her plate and turn to see them dance. "Would you like more?" Aegon asked, holding the pitcher in his hand.

"I believe I have had my share." She tells him, smiling at him before turning back to her plate.

Aegon knew she was drunk, but it made him happy to see her smile at him for the first time in their marriage.

As the night went on, he would watch her from the corner of his eye. Soon though after the Queen called for the guards.

Daella sat back in her chair, watching them carry the King out. Then brought in and placed in front of Aemond was a cooked pig.

-