eighteen

-

-

As people came and went congratulating them, Aegon was downing cups. He sat on her left, and next to him was King Viserys.

She had water in her cup due to her mother not wanting her to drink. Her eyes met Helaena, and they shared a smile until her eyes found Aemond. She could tell he was staring at Lucerys.

She looked at her mother, who was smiling and speaking to Daemon. Jace was eating his food as he talked to Luke. She smiled, seeing her family happy.

"How are you feeling?" Her mother whispered as she leaned over to her. Daella looked over at her mother, saying, "I suppose I am fine." Rhaenyra looked at her daughter with concern.

"Why, sweet girl?" She asked as Daella put her arms on the table. She looked at her mother, and that was all it took.

"Oh, sweet girl. You don't have to." She tells her, putting a comforting hand on her back. "I will speak with my father about it, all right." Daella nodded at her mother with a tight smile.

Rhaenyra whispered to Daemon before getting up from her seat. Daella watched as her mother made her way to Viserys.

"How are you feeling?" Her head turned next to her to see Daemon watching her. "I am all right." Daemon nodded but she could tell he saw through it.

Her mother returned to her seat and said, "You will not have to go through with it. He will announce it." Daella gave her mother a grateful smile.

"Thank you, Mother." But that changed when she felt a hand on her back from the right. Daella looked over as Aegon leaned closer to her. "What were you whispering about, my wife?"

She shakes her head saying, "It was nothing, dear husband." She felt a cold chill go through as she said those words. Everyone's heads turned as the King struggled to stand.

"There will be no bedding ceremony." He announces making Alicent shake her head. "Why not? It is tradition, and it must be consummated." The Queen announced, staring at Rhaenyra.

"The King won't have it. I demand you to leave it." Her grandsire announces as Daella leans back in her chair. Rhaenyra looks over to see Alicent roll her eyes as she leans forward.

She smiles as she feels a head on her right shoulder. "Do you wish to dance, Luke?" She asked as he seemed tired. She felt his head shake no.

"Mother, Luke seems tired. Shall I take him?" She asks but her mother shakes her head. Everyone was already dying down meaning some seemed tired.

"I'll take him. But it is late, you should rest as well, sweet girl." Rhaenyra tells her daughter as she stands and takes Lukes hand. "Good night, Mother."

"Good night, my sweet girl." Rhaenyra smiles placing a kiss on Daella's head. She watches sadly as her mother leaves.

Daemon bid her goodbye and followed after her mother. Jace moved to where their mother had been previous. "You are not all right." He tells her glaring at Aegon who was drinking behind her.

"I will be fine. I promise you, Jace. You should go rest." She tells him as she places her hand on his shoulder. "I don't wish to leave you with this drunkard." He whispers making her sigh.

"I told you I will be fine. Go off now." She tells him with a smile making him finally stand. "Come to my room if anything happens." He tells her making her nod.

"Shall we retreat to our chambers?" He asks making her head snap to him. Aegon stands and holds his free hand out to her. Daella watches as her gransire smiles at the gesture.

Not wanting to disappoint she stood taking his hand. The crowd cheered at them as they walked out of the doors with their hands intertwined.

-