thirty

-

-

That night she would sit at her table looking out of the window. Her mind had been running at what Helaena had told them.

In her bed lay her two small children, Aenys and Aemma. Upon hearing those words, she made the decision her children would sleep in her room.

She sighed before rubbing her eyes and then standing. She made her way toward her bed, smiling at her children.

She slipped into the bed and laid onto her side placing her left arm around her children. As she did, she felt calm enough to sleep.

Though the following morning, she woke hearing her children laughing. Her eyes shot open as she sat up in her bed.

She calmed to see her mother sitting at the table near the window playing with her children.

"You have raised your children greatly, sweet girl." Her mother told her softly, knowing she was now awake. "Thank you." She replied before getting out of her bed.

"Annalie will be taking them to dress them," Daella told her mother, who smiled as Aemma attempted to braid her hair.

Soon Aenys saw his mother standing and rushed to her. She smiled as he wrapped his arms around her. She sunk to her knees, kissing him on the head.

Annalie opened the door seeing both mother and daughter in comfortable silence. "Do not cause her a hassle." Rhaenyra jokes to the children as Annalie takes them.

Daella hurries to her mother, helping her stand to her feet. "Have they taken care of you?" She asks her mother, who held her forearm.

"They do. But I miss my daughter." Rhaenyra said softly, bringing her hand to her daughter's face. Daella leaned into her mother's touch.

"I wish to join you on dragon stone, but my duties." She says with a frown, but Rhaenyra shakes her head.

She now took her daughter's face in both hands, saying, "I love you. You being in kings landing will never change that." Daella smiled as her mother placed a kiss on her forehead.

"You must get dressed, as should I." Her mother told her, smiling. "I am glad to see you smile, my sweet girl," Rhaenyra tells her kissing Daellas forehead once more before leaving.

Daella smiled to herself as she now looked through her closet. She found a dress and stood in front of the mirror, changing into it.

It was black, red in some light, and had a collar above her sternum. The sleeves were dark black with embroidered gray dragons as they went to her wrists.

The dress reached her feet, and she smiled before leaving her quarters. She went to her children's chambers to see them before the meeting.

She smiled, seeing her children playing with their toys she then closed the door back. Gyda walked up to her, saying, "The Queen wishes to speak with you before the meeting."

"Thank you, Gyda." She smiled before watching Gyda enter the children's quarters. She then made her way to the Queen's quarters.

"You wished to speak with me?" She asked, smiling as she entered. "Princess Daella, I wished to know who you will stand by?" The Queen asked with a sweet smile.

"You will stand by your husband, correct?" Alicent asked, walking toward the girl. Daella looked to the ceiling and then to the Queen.

"I will stand by my family." She told the Queen with a smile. "If you so wish, Princess." The Queen told her, scowling when Daella turned.

They, both led by guards, enter the throne room. Daella scowls as she sees the hand of the king, Otto sitting on the throne.

Rhaenyra smiled, holding her hand out to her daughter. Daella smiled widely as she hurried to her mother's side.

Daemon stood on the right of Rhaenyra with Jace, Daella and Rhaena between them. Daella held her mother's right hand as her left touched her bump. On her left, closest to their mother, was Luke.

She gave her young brother a reassuring smile before locking eyes with Helaena. Aegon rolled his eyes before smirking, seeing his wife on the opposing side.

-