forty-one

-

-

Later in the night, Daella was stood on her balcony. She smiled as she felt the fresh air on her skin. Her children had now fallen asleep and were safe.

"Will we truly be safe?" Helaena asks as she walks up to stand by Daella. Daella looks over at her nodding.

"Nothing will harm you, I swear it." She promised her as Helaena placed her hand on Daellas.

"Why do you say that?" Helaena asked softly. Daella sighed, moving Helaena to face her as she turned.

"I cherish you," Daella says while placing her hands on Helaenas cheeks. "I love you, which means I will protect you."

Daellas eyes flickered to Helaenas lips as Helaenas did hers. Daella felt her heart begin to race as Helaena said, "I cherish you as well."

Daella looked up softly into Helaenas eyes before pulling themselves together. She placed her lips on Helaenas as quickly as she could.

She felt Helaena wrap her arms around Daellas shoulders. Daella smiled as she thought of Helaena's soft lips crashing against her as joy blossomed in her chest.

They pulled away, smiling at each other. "I truly love you, my Helaena," Daella whispered, putting her forehead against Helaenas.

"As I love you, my Firefly," Helaena whispered as she pecked Daellas lips.

Daella pulled away, keeping her hands on Helaenas shoulders as the door opened. In walked her mother with a look of fury.

Daella rushed toward her mother, who let her face drop to sorrow. "Luke has been killed. It was Aemond." Rhaenyra tells her daughter, whose eyes widen.

"No, he isn't. He will walk through the door smiling, mother." Daella told her mother as her eyes began to fill with tears.

"They want to start a war," Daemon tells her as he walks into the room. "Where is he?" She asked, looking past her mother and to Daemon.

"What is left is presumably in waters of storms end." He told her softly as she finally broke.

Helaena and Daemon watched as mother and daughter fell to the floor holding each other. Both grasped each other tightly as they sobbed.

In the privacy of Daellas chambers, the war had started. "We must get revenge on them," Daemon told them as Helaena shook her head.

"Have we tried negotiating?" Helaena asked softly as Daemon looked at her.

"Negotiations were over when they killed my son," Rhaenyra said as she stood helping her daughter up.

Daella, still sobbing, then fell into the arms of Helaena. Helaena held her close to her chest, wrapping her arms around Daella. She placed her head on Daellas.

"I will find a course of action. But peace is over." Rhaenyra told them as she walked back to her daughter.

Prince Daemon nodded his head as he made his way out. Daella pulled away from Helaena and into her mother's arms.

"No one is going to harm us. We will fight." She tells her daughter, kissing her forehead. She held her tightly again before pulling away.

Daella nodded as her mother left the room. "I will kill Aemond for what he has done," Daella said, making Helaena frown.

"By morning, we will speak again. Being cruel will not do us well." Helaena told Daella, who shook her head. "They took my dear brother. They won't take anyone else."

Daella promised as she walked back toward her balcony. She put her hands to the cold stone as the wind went through her hair.

Helaena soon joined her, standing beside her hand on Daellas. She had a feeling this would not end well for any of them. But she would not risk being alone without Daella or her children.

-

Gif from divineandmajesticinone (Tumblr)