twenty-five

-

-

"Dae!" Lucerys yelled as he ran into the room and jumped onto the bed. Daella smiled as her brother fell into her arms. Three maids walked in with her mother and Jace following.

On the plates was their lunch for the day. She sighed as she saw soup on hers. Jace noticed the subtle change and motioned the maid to give his to her.

The tray was placed over her legs as Luke removed himself from her arms. He sat beside her on the bed, taking pieces of meat from the tray.

Daella was squashed between Luke and Jace while Rhaenyra sat at the end of the bed next to her legs.

Daella smiled as her family ate in silence as the babies slept. But as she looked into her mother's eyes, she knew it would not last.

"Are you all right?" She asked her mother as Luke spoke to Jace. Rhaenyra softly smiled at her daughter, placing a hand on her leg.

"Your brothers are to leave on the morrow." She tells her daughter sadly whose eyes when. "I thought..." Rhaenyra patted Jace's arm as he nodded, taking Luke out of the room.

Rhaenyra waited to hear the door close before standing and sitting beside her daughter. "I will be here, but your brothers have lessons they must attend."

Daella felt her mother wrap her arm around her. Rhaenyra smiled softly as her daughter put her head on her shoulder. She then gently rested her head on Daellas.

"Jace is to be my heir. He must be on Dragonstone learning." She told her, rubbing her arm.

"I will stay by your side until you want me to leave," Rhaenyra said, making Daella frown.

"I don't think I will ever not need you, mother," Daella tells her as Rhaenyra takes a deep breath. As she lets it out, a faint smile appears

"I know, my sweet, sweet girl. We will always be together. Nothing will part us, I promise." Daella nods as her mother bends down to place kisses on her head.

"I will send the maids to take the trays. Is there anything else?" She asks her daughter before she stands. "I don't believe there is."

Rhaenyra leaned down and kissed her daughter's head before leaving.

Daella sighed before laying her head down on her pillow. She stared at the ceiling of her now quarters.

Her head turned to look over at the cradles of her children. She smiled before closing her eyes and falling into a deep sleep.

-