twenty

-

-

The following morning she woke to see Aegon sitting by the fireplace. He had a cup in his hand and the same pitcher on the table. She got up from the bed and fixed her side as his was a mess.

She sighed, looking over at him and making her way to his side. As she slowly began to fix his side, he said, "My mother wishes to speak with you."

Daella finished his side and then made her way to her closet. "Could you leave, please?" She asked softly as she picked a dress.

Aegon stood with a smirk, saying, "But you are my wife now." Daella points to the door making his shoulders shrug. Daella rolls her eyes as she watches him leave the room, closing the door behind him.

She waited a minute, then changed into her gown. The gown was black with a golden embroidered top and sleeves tight to her arms. She stared at herself before brushing her hair out.

She left her hair down as she left her chambers. She made her way to the Queen's chambers quickly.

"You wished to see me." She said as the door was opened to her. Queen Alicent gave her a faint smile motioning her over. They stood by the window.

"I know you've bled." The Queen tells her, making her freeze. "Where did you hear that?" She asked quietly. "The maids talk," Alicent tells the young girl as she looks down at her.

Daella woke feeling something wet in her bed. She panicked, throwing her covers away only to see blood. She screamed, causing the guard at her door to open it.

"Do you wish for me to get your maid?" He asked, seeing her in distress. "Hurry!" She shouted with fear evident in her voice. She heard the clanking of armor leaving her door.

Soon Annalie rushed to her side of the bed. "Oh, Princess." She said, looking at Daella, who had her knees to her chest, crying.

"They can't know." She says to her maid, who nods quickly. "Get a cloth and change into another dress. I will take care of this."

"Where is Annalie?" She asks, slowly looking up at the Queen. Alicent takes a deep breath looking out the window. "She is safe. She will return to you."

Daella clasps her hands in front of her as she feels the sweat. "But The King and I will be expecting grandchildren." Daella looks at her with furrowed brows.

"You are married. It is your duty now. You are free to go." Alicent tells her, waving her away. Her pace speeds up as she walks to the door.

As she exits the room, she hurries away before feeling her body weaken. She slides down the wall wiping her hands on her dress and the floor to get the sweat off.

She looked down to see her hands begin to shake. She felt her breathing shallow as she tried to take a breath in. She put her hands on her chest, attempting to calm herself.

"Dae!" She hears a young voice shout. She could not bring herself to look over at the voice. Soon in front of her was her young brother Luke.

"Dae, are you all right?" He asked, trying to pat her arms, but she held his hand away. "I know!" He yelled before running off away from her.

"Daella!" A voice she recognized said as they hurried to her. In front of her was Helaena, with a small Luke next to her, watching.

"Look at me, follow me," Helaena tells her gently before taking a breath in and then out. Daella took a breath in, then out in, then out. She slowly began to calm down, and Luke sat on the ground next to her.

He wrapped his arms around her shoulders, putting his head on her shoulder. She breathed out, closing her eyes and putting her head on his.

"I will get your mother," Helaena told her gently before standing and hurrying away. "Are you all right now?" Her brother asked softly as he squeezed her shoulders.

She nodded, saying, "I am all right." She opens her eyes and hears footsteps coming toward her. "Luke, Daella?" Their mother asked as Luke stood, attempting to pull Daella with him.

Rhaenyra looked into her daughters eyes and opened her arms. Daella shuffled into her mothers arms and was put into a tight embrace.

"What is the matter?" Rhaenyra asked before telling Luke and Helaena to leave them. Helaena then took Luke away with her leaving them alone.

"She knows." Daella tells her as her mother pulls away keeping hands on Daellas upper arms. "What do you mean?" She asked with furrowed brows.

"She knows I bled." Daella trails off making Rhaenyra pull her in tightly again. "She says it's my duty to produce grandchildren. She will tell Aegon." Daella told her mother in a brittle voice.

"It will be all right. Do it when you feel right, sweet girl." She said trying to assure her daughter. Daella nuzzled closer to her mother tightening her arms.

-