seven

-

-

"What did you do?" She asked her brother as they were let in. She watched as Luke walked over to the wooden box. She smiled as he took the mantis out gently.

Once Jace saw he was occupied, he took Daella's arm and walked to the window. "Ser Criston insinuated that Ser Harwin is our father." He whispered to her, causing her to look at Luke.

"Why would he?" She asked, taking a seat on the window shelf. "He is a terrible man but is he lying?" Jace said, leaning his hands on the frame.

"Would mother lie to us? It would make sense, right?" She asked him in a shaky voice. "What's wrong, Dae?" Luke asks as he shuffles his way toward them.

"Nothing. Do you want to stay in my room?" She asked him with a sniffle. He gave her a broad smile and a nod. "We can confront mother in the morning." He whispers to get causing her to nod.

"Good night, dear brother." She says as she watches him leave. He smiles at her before saying good night to Luke. "I'm going to get some leaves for my mantis. You get ready for bed."

Luke nods, and she makes her way out of her chambers. She made her way out to the garden a took some leaves that had fallen.

"Princess, you shouldn't be out here?" She saw Ser Harwin in the corner of her eye. "I was gathering some leaves for my mantis." She told him as she continued.

"Princess, your mother wishes to speak to you." He told her, and she replied, "Are we going to get Lucerys?" He nodded at her motioning her to walk.

They made the walk back with her looking at him. She was trying to decipher if he was their father.

"Why are you staring at me, Princess?" Ser Harwin said, smiling as she jumped to look forward. "Nothing." She told him before they reached her chambers.

She watched as the guard opened the door. She entered, making her way to the wooden box. "Luke, mother wishes to see us."

"Why?" He asked softly, watching closely as she put food in the box. "Will that be enough? Will it need more? Tomorrow could we get some branches?"

She smiled at his curiosity before nodding, "Of course, but let's see mother first." She told him, closing the box and holding her hand out.

He quickly took her hand as they headed out the door. They followed Ser Harwin to their mother's chambers. She realized as they entered that something was wrong.

Her mother was sad, and she hated seeing her hurt. Jace stood beside her, staring at Harwin. "Are you leaving?" She asked, looking at Ser Harwin, who held the same sadness in his eyes.

"Be good to your mother, lads." He said to her brother before looking at her, "Princess, can you promise me to take care of your mother?" She gave him a quick nod.

He stood from his spot, kneeling next to Luke. "I'll visit when I can. But that may be some time." She frowned and watched Jace walk toward their mother.

Daella held her arms open for Luke to hug her. She sighed, feeling his small arms wrap around her. "I will return...." Ser Harwin said, making her frown.

"I promise." He told Jace looking into his eyes. She felt the sadness in the air as he kissed Joffrey's forehead. "I will be a stranger when we meet again."

Daella and Jace shared a look as Ser Harwin said, "Princess." She held Luke tighter as Ser Harwin grabbed his things and left the room.

She frowned, watching Jace run after him. "Do you want to stay in my room?" She asked Luke as he pulled away. He nodded before going to play with some of his toys.

Jace walked back Into the room, and she hurried to him. "I believe he may be." He told his sister, causing her to look at their mother.

"Does that make us..." She trailed off before Jace shook his head, "No, mother told me we are Targaryen." Jace told his sister, wanting to reassure her.

She watched as their mother entered the room and put Joffrey to bed before leaving. "Luke is staying with me tonight. You can if you wish." She told him with a reassuring smile.

"I will be fine, I promise," Jace told her before she motioned for Luke to stand. "Let's get to bed." She told him, holding her hand out.

-