Chapter 6

Location: Somewhere in the Ukraine
Perspective: (y/n)

I don't know what day it is. Or what time. It feels like I have been lying here for weeks now. A groan of pain escapes my throat, when I wake up from another nightmare once more. I'm still surprised that I'm not dead.
But my whole body is in pain. I can barely move. I can only open and close my eyes.
Once my vision becomes clear, I see the person lying on the bed next to me. He is facing me, but his eyes are closed.
"Shi-jin!"
I try to shout Panther's name, but no sound escapes my mouth. Only the light heaving of his chest shows that he is still breathing. I don't know if the others are here. I don't even know if they are still alive.
Only being awake for a couple of moments, I soon drift back to sleep.

"Dan-gyeol!"
Tiger, Seahawk and I salute the commander.
"At ease."
I'm still worried about Panther and Wolf, but I'm sure the doctors are treating them as best as they can. They ensured us that the captain will recover soon, but Wolf is only alive because he got lucky. He will stay at the military hospital for a while.
The last couple of days after I got shot are still blurry to me. I slept most of the time and when I wasn't sleeping everything hurt.
"The military surgeon said, you are allowed to operate in 7 days again. The next task is waiting for you, boys."
"Yes, sir!"
"You are on leave until then. Enjoy it."
"Yes, sir!"
Before leaving, we salute to him once more.
"Dan-gyeol!"

Location: JYPE
Perspective: Yeji

"Let's have a nice meal after work."
I'm greeted with four happy smiles, as I say these words.
The five of us get into the elevator.
After coming back from LA, we resumed with our dancing and singing as always. And as always I can't help but worry about (y/n). When I heard about the nuclear explosion on the radio, I was shocked at first. But then it turned out to be false information. They said someone didn't use the equipment properly and thought it was radio active.
"How about some pork belly, everyone?"
The other girls agree, as we get out of the elevator.
While we head towards the exit, we walk past the reception. As always I say goodbye before leaving. The receptionist, who is talking with two men, gives me a quick wave before resuming the conversation.
Once we are almost at the doors, I hear a voice behind me.
"How is it possible that you can't even recognize your boyfriend?"
I spin around, as I hear his voice.
And there he is. Leaning against the desk. As if he just came from work and was picking me up to go home. As if he wasn't gone for three weeks.
My instincts take over, as I run towards him. On my way I'm still deciding on hitting him or giving him a hug. I'm angry that he wasn't here sooner, but still relieved that he is here.
Once I reach him, I wrap my arms around him. I almost jumped at him. He stumbles backwards, as he groans.
I gasp before letting go.
"Are you hurt?"
I try to take off his jacket, to see what's underneath.
"I'm fine."
He smiles as he takes my hands in his.
"You are just really heavy."
"Yah!"
Now I hit him.
(Y/n) let's out a loud laugh.
"I missed you too, baby."
My cheeks heat up. I get angry at myself immediately. Why is he doing this to me? I can never be angry at (y/n) when he calls me that.
"How about you join us for dinner? I'm sure you didn't have good food while you were gone?"
I just want to spend as much time with (y/n) as possible now.
He nods in approval, before turning his head. Following his gaze, I see Tiger and Chaeryeong.
She is almost drowning in his arms, as the two of them hold each other tight.

"And then we found that great pizza place. Me and Lia wanted to try it out alone at first. But then we decided that we should all eat there together."
"Sounds like you had a great time."
(Y/n) smiles at Yuna before she goes off towards the bathroom. When he turns around, I try to look as angry as possible.
"The whole time from the restaurant to the dorm you and Yuna talked."
He chuckles at my antics.
"Don't worry. We will have dinner tomorrow as well."
He suddenly leans towards me and kisses my forehead.
"Only the two of us."
I feel my cheeks redden again. In that moment I see Yuna leaving the bathroom. I take my chance and dash off.

Location: Itzy's dorm
Perspective: Yuna

I yawn before opening the door. With half lid eyes, I stumble towards the kitchen. My throat is so dry right now. I feel like I just walked through a desert.
Once I reach the kitchen, I realize the lights are on.
Tiger and (y/n) said, that they will stay overnight. But they are still not sleeping? I thought they were tired after a dangerous mission.
I'm about to enter the kitchen, when I hear Tiger's voice.
"Don't move."
I stand there as if I was made of ice. How does he know I'm here?
"Just get it over with."
I hear Yeji's boyfriend as well.
His voice is different then earlier today. He sound annoyed. And as if he is in pain.
I decide to find out what's going on. Taking two small steps, I'm right at the door.
When I look inside the kitchen, I see the two of them at the table. It is filled with a couple of bottles of soju, but that's not what I'm concerned about.
"The military surgeon told us to rest. Remember?"
(Y/n) is sitting with his back to me. Tiger on the right side of the table. They put another chair between them. On it lays (y/n)'s leg. Tiger is leaning over it.
Next to the bottles, are lying a couple of bloody bandages.
"Yuna tried to steal my dessert. I had no other choice than run." I hear him chuckle, but he flinches when Tiger keeps working on his leg.
What happened?
Is he hurt?
Did he lie to Yeji and us?
I feel bad. Did he just joke around with me, although he is in pain? Now I remember that he groaned when Yeji hugged him. He must be hurt somewhere else as well.