28

Location: Seoul
Perspective: (y/n)

"Guys! He is getting in another cab."
"What? Where is he going?"
"I don't know."
"Follow him."
Panther looks at me.
"Can you catch up?"
"Sorry. This is gonna take a while."
Panther turns his attention back to the radio.
"Wolf, we have men at all the hotspots in Seoul. If he is going to a mall or an event, just contact them."
"Yes, sir!"
As I take another exit, Seahawk groans in the back seat.
"The traffic sucks."
"I don't think we are going to make it, Panther."
"Don't worry. Wolf got this."

Once we are out of the traffic, I can finally turn the car around.
"Where is he know?"
"He got out of the cab. He is running on the street towards a mall."
"I know your location. We will be there as soon as possible. The back up team?"
"I already called them. They are on alert."

Perspective: Sergeant Kim

I'm about to enter the elevator, when my eyes land on someone on the floor beneath me.
"Here is Rinho. He is on the third floor."
"Copy that."
Once I get in, I press the button with the three on it. At that moment a woman with a stroller walks towards me. She starts waving, when the doors close. I can only mouth a "I'm sorry." as the elevator leaves the floor.

As I get out, the members of my team walk in my direction.
"That way!"
I point at the man with the beard and start running. We are only a few meters away, when he turns around. His eyes widen. He gets onto the next escalator. We run after him. Forth floor. Fifth floor. He takes a corner and runs in another direction. We follow him.
"Out of the way!"
The people in front of us turn around. We make our way through them. As I close the distance between us, I grab him by his jacket. He stumbles and falls on the ground. I'm immediately on top of him, putting him in handcuffs. My team catches up to us, when I help the man stand up.
"Take him back. Call the HQ. Tell them we got the target."
"Yes, sir."

Perspective: Chaeryeong

The five men stopped the guy with the beard only a few meters away from us. While they are talking, Yuna leans in my direction.
"That was cool."
I can barely nod. I'm still confused about what just happened.
"It was like an action movie."
Yeji nudges Yuna with her elbow.
"This is reality. Not a movie."
As the men in the suits walk past us, one of them takes a radio out of his jacket.
"Here is Rhino. Going for Panther. Are you there?"
I hear a voice coming through the radio. It's muffled but I'm sure I heard it somewhere before.
"Here's Panther. What's the situation?"
I can't understand the rest of the conversation, because the man with the radio walks away.
This vote does sound familiar though. Panther?
Does he mean Twice's bodyguard?
Why would he care about a guy running away in the mall?
Maybe he isn't a real bodyguard. Maybe they all aren't. Did (y/n) lie to us again?
"Hey, Chae. Let's eat something. I'm hungry."
We all follow Yuna to the next restaurant while I still think about what I heard.

Location: Ye-jun's restaurant
Perspective: (y/n)

It took me almost the whole day to finish the report. I left the HQ after the sun went down. Now I'm sitting at a table at Ye-jun's restaurant. While listening to her complaining about her boyfriend, I keep eating my Tteokbokki. After a while I can't stand it anymore.
"Yah! Noona! If you have a problem with him, you should talk to him. Not to me."
She looks at me, while tilting her head to the side.
"What's with you today? Are you alright?"
"Just angry at Lion. I feel like Yeji will be mad at me because of him."
"Why would she be mad at you?"
"He told her I left without a reason and without telling her."
"But you did leave without telling her, no?"
"Only because I got the massage 10 minutes before I had to leave."
"Why don't you just tell her that?"
"You think she would believe me?"
"The truth? Of course she would believe you if you tell her the truth."
"Fine. I will talk to her."
Ye-jun smiles at me warmly.
"Go get her."
I just roll my eyes and go outside to make a phone call. After letting it ring for a few times, someone picks up.
"Yeji?"
"(Y/n)? What do you want?"
I rubb my forehead when I hear her cold voice.
"I'm sorry I just left."
"Why didn't you tell me?"
"I only knew it a few minutes before I had to leave. I didn't have time to tell you."
"You could have woken me up."
"I know you where tired. You would have been annoyed if I would have waken you up."
"Not if you are the one who wakes me up."
I smile as I hear her words.
"When are you coming back?"
"What do you mean?", I ask confused.
" You are our bodyguard. You have to protect us. That means you need to come back."
"I'm sorry Yeji. I don't know if I will be coming back yet."
I hear her sigh on the other end of the line.
"Can we met in private then?"
"Of course. How about tomorrow?"
"That sounds great. See you at the coffee shop?"
"For sure. Sleep well today."
"You too."
After she hang up, I walk back into the restaurant. Ye-jun looks up and winks at me.
"So?"
"We will drink some coffee tomorrow."
"Great job, (y/n)."
"Thanks."
I finish my Tteokbokki while Ye-jun starts to talk about her boyfriend again.