14

Location: Kajakī
Perspective: (y/n)

Three days after the plane landed:

The plan was good. Until it fell apart. I mean that literally. The plan exploded right before my eyes.

The guys on the ground, me on the roofs. We would keep in contact in case we are about to be spotted.
After a while we reach a big market place. On the other side guides a bridge the street over a small river. Behind that I am able to see our target. The building with the missiles.
The place is pretty crowded. Men and women alike are flooding the shops and the booths.
"Alpha. Here is Shadow. Do you copy?"
"I copy."
"I can't see anyone suspicious from up here. I also can't follow you anymore. I would have to go all the way around the market place."
"Do that. If it's this crowded, it is more likely that we will be attacked. If you are on top, you might be able to see it coming."
"Understood, sir."
I start making my way on the roofs along side the market. As you might expect, it's really hard not to be spotted. The sun helps me with that. I am lucky that it's not in the afternoon yet. The sun is on the other side of the market. My shadow can't be seen from where the crowd is.
After jumping over a narrow alley, I see the guys in the crowd. I scan the other roofs for snipers and the ground for anyone suspicious. Nothing. I hope it continues that way.
Soon the team reaches the bridge. I am two houses away.
"Shadow. Here is Alpha. Do you copy?"
"I copy, sir."
"Cover us while we cross the bridge. You can follow us afterwards."
"Yes, sir."
The bridge is as crowded as the market place. The squad is walking slowly. I keep checking the surroundings but I can't see anybody. I sigh in relief. Maybe we can actually finish this mission without any difficulties.
As they reach the middle of the bridge, I see someone. At first I didn't pay attention to it but he seems suspicious. He stands at the corner of one of the houses on the other side of the bridge. He keeps looking at the bridge. Or maybe at the people on it?

Location: Seoul hospital
Perspective: Yeji

A week after the plane landed:

I hear muffled noises when I steer awake. I don't know where I am. The last thing I can remember are the gummies that Chaeryeong gave me. And then? I remember a sound. What happened?
As I try to move, the pain floods through my body. My neck feels like it was broken. I have a horrible headache. Opening my eyes, I see the sun light making its way through the curtains. I am in a large bed. I try to move my head. I can't. The only thing I feel is pain.
"She is awake."
I don't recognize this voice.
"Yeji!"
I see a face looking down on me.
JYP.
I try to speak, but the only sound that escapes my mouth is a weak rattle.
"Don't speak. The doctor said you will be fine."
I give him a questioning look.
"Don't worry. The others are safe."
I am relieved. We are all okay. I sigh as the sleepiness overwhelms me.

Perspective: Panther

"Are they going to be fine?"
I turn around when I hear Nayeon's scared voice. She is standing in front of the doctor, who just came out of Itzy's room.
"Don't worry. They have only minor injuries. They should be able to leave the hospital in a few days. Everyone sighs in relief.
" What about their bodyguard?"
Tiger looks at the doctor.
"His injuries are more serious. He will be fine though. We will release him in a few weeks."
I feel relieved. When the girls heard, Itzy was in a car crash, they wanted to go to the hospital immediately. Luckily their schedule for today isn't that packed so we have time to visit them now.
Apparently the guy in the other car was more focused on his phone than the road. He wasn't as badly injured, but he is currently at the police station.
While we wait until we are allowed to enter the room, I see Seahawk walking in my direction. A few minutes ago, he left because he got a call. I don't know what it's about, but I can imagine who it was from and that it's not good news.
When he stands in front of me, he hands me the phone.
"We got a problem."
Great. That's just what I need right now.
I sigh and take the phone out of his hand.
"Here is Panther."
"We got a code blue."
I close my eyes in disbelief.
"Are you serious? Why?"
"We will get the girls substitute bodyguards. You will leave for Afghanistan today."
"What happened?"
"As you know, Shadow was assigned to another squad temporarily."
"And?"
"They are missing."
"What!?"
I realize that I just raised my voice. As I turn around, I see everyone looking at me. The girls look confused and concerned. The guys sigh in defeat. They probably figured it out already.
"The plane will depart in 3 hours. Be on time."
With that he hang up.
Almost immediately, I see four guys in suits walking in our direction.
"We got it from here. "
I nod.
"Let's go."
Wolf, Tiger and Seahawk walk to the exit.
As I walk past the new guys, one of them grabs my arm.
"Good luck. Bring them back safely."
I just nod and leave.
The voices of the girls, asking what is going on, fade into the distance. The four of us enter the car in front of the hospital. I start the engine.

Location: Kajakī
Perspective: (y/n)

Three days after the plane landed:

I lie on the roof, sniper rifle in position. I aim at the guy in front of the bridge. He keeps looking at it, completely focused. He takes a little box out of his pocket. As I zoom in, I realize it's not a box. It's a remote. He is going to blow up the bridge!
I am about to pull the trigger, when I hear a gun shot. My hand automatically leaves the trigger and holds my left shoulder. Pain rushes through my body. I can feel my shoulder and my hand getting wet.
I groan in pain. Alpha's voice pops up in my ear.
"Shadow! Are you alright? Shadow!"
My vision becomes blurry. The screams of the people underneath me fade into the distance. I am about to pass out. No. The guy with the remote.
I try to get my hand onto the trigger again but I can't move. The only thing I can do is fighting the pain.
I hear the explosion. It's the last thing I hear, before my mind goes blank. As I close my eyes, I drift into complete darkness.

-----------
Author's note:

Hey everyone! Please check out Aespa's new MV! "Savage" is a great song!
Take care!