42

Location: Seoul
Perspective: (y/n)

Walking out of the building we are greeted by a sea of lights. The night is as bright as the day. Several police cars block the streets near the event. Their lights paint the buildings around them in blue light. The square in front of the building we just left was full of ambulances, police, military and the idols which are getting treated.
As we walk through the turmoil, I see Panther coming in our direction. He motions us towards him.
"We will be living. There is no benefit for us if we stay longer."
The four of us agree and we make our way  towards the streets. We walk past soldiers who nod at us in appreciation, police men who salute us and some idols who seem to recognize us and flash us a thankful smile.
A few meters away I see the girls of Itzy getting treated near an ambulance. They don't have any physical injury but the whole situation must have taken it's tall on them. I see Yeji smiling at her members. They all seem fine so far. I'm about to avert my gaze when the two of us suddenly make eye contact. Yeji looks at my direction. I'm still wearing the mask so she can't know who I am. I still see something in her eyes though. She starts to smile and gives me a small wave. Did she figure it out?

Perspective: Yeji

I wave at the soldier who is looking at me. When I first saw him I felt like I knew him already. There was something in his eyes that made me feel loved and appreciated. At first I just thought he was friendly, but then it struck me. When we walked out of the building I managed to overhear a conversation. A few meters away Yeri unnie talked with him. At first I didn't recognize his voice. When I leaned closer though, my heart started to beat faster. As I looked to my right I saw Chaeryeong's eyes wide open. She must have recognized him as well.
(Y/n)!
But how does he know Yeri?
I saw him waving them through the door and we followed Red velvet outside. We got escorted to one of the ambulances and are now getting checked if we are alright. The four girls still look scared and worn out but I look probably the same.
When I look around I can see the man who I believe is (y/n) looking at me. I feel something warm inside my body. I become more relaxed. Smiling at him I wave. He nods and walks away with the men next to him.
At first I am confused that he doesn't check up on me, but when I look in another direction I see reporters and cameramen already taking pictures from the other side of the street. He knows that I'm save. He will check up on me later I guess.
The next couple of hours become only a blurry memory. I still remember how someone drove us to the company after they made sure we were okay. JYP rushed towards us and Twice when we were near the entrance and wanted to make sure that all of us are fine. After some tim we finally managed to go back to our dorm.
The five of us are sitting around the kitchen table. None of us is saying a word. The sun starts to rise and lights up the room we are in. We are all tired but we can't sleep. Sitting like this for a while, we jump out of our chairs when the doorbell is rung. The four of them collect themselves again and walk towards the sofa while I walk to the door. Checking who it is I can't help but smile. A second later the door is open and I have a bag with food in my hand.
"Yes!"
I shout relieved. Before I start running back inside I see (y/n)'s face. His surprised expression makes me burst into laughter and the other girls come towards the door to see what's going on. Five men enter the dorm. Four of them have bags with food in their hands, while (y/n) still looks at me in disbelief.
"I'm hungry."
I simply state and he shrugs his shoulders.
"A simple hello would have been nice. I haven't seen you for a while."
"That's not true."
His face drops. Now I know for sure it was him.
"So you recognized me?"
I nod.
"I'm sorry I wasn't able to speak with you."
"It's fine. I saw you looking at me several times. You always made sure I'm okay."
I smile at him reassuringly and he relaxes a bit.
While we are talking, the girls and (y/n)'s friends greet each other as well and start unpacking the food.
"I brought you some snacks."
His words make me light up and he motions me towards the hallway, away from the others. I put my hands in front of me and open them for him to lay the snacks in. He suddenly grabs my hands and pulls me towards him. I stumble and fall against him. I instinctively lock my fingers behind his neck so that I don't hit the ground. I'm at a loss of words and before I finally manage to speak, he puts his lips on mine. My eyes close and I relish the feeling of (y/n) being so close to me. We stand in the hallway for a while. Kissing, until he breaks the kiss and looks down at me.
"Like I said. We will continue were we left off when I'm back."
I still have weak knees and I keep smiling at him. I want to say something lovely and warm, but my mouth doesn't seem to function correctly.
I blurt out:
"Where are my snacks?"