23

Location: Icheon
Perspective: Sergeant Kim

I stand in front of the door, looking down the hallway. I'm a bit nervous. Everyone would be nervous if they would be called to the colonel's office.
I'm about to knock on the door, when I hear a voice from inside.
"Come in."
I enter the room and see the colonel behind his desk.
"Dan-gyeol!"
"Sit down sergeant."
"Thanks. I'm good."
"After what happened in Afghanistan, we got disturbing news from the secret service, that our mission was compromised from within. That means we got a traitor in our ranks. Someone who knew about the mission. Since I already made a background check on you, I already know you are innocent. That's why I want you to investigate everyone who was involved."
"Yes, sir."
"Be discreet. I don't want the others to be uncomfortable and I don't want the traitor to find out we are onto him."
"Yes, sir."
"I will send you the documents you will need. Dismissed."
I salute and leave his office.
A traitor in our ranks?
How is this possible?
We are Korea's elite soldiers. We are the toughest guys in this country. No one would even try to mess with us.
Who would dare to betray us?
As I walk down the street to the parking lot, I think about everyone, who was involved. There weren't may people left, since the green squad was blown up. I would never suspect any off them, but I got orders. Orders to find out who betrayed us and cursed the deaths of the squad members. Once I enter the parking lot, I hear noises. Walking in that direction, I see someone getting punched and dropping to the floor. One guy is standing at his head, the other is standing behind him, holding a gun. I make my way from car to car, until I'm close enough to see their faces.
First Lieutenant Hwang?
I take my gun out of the holster and hide behind a car.

Perspective: (y/n)

As I lie in pain on the ground, I feel the guy behind me putting the gun on the back of my head.
"Goodbye."
Right in that moment I look up. I see someone hiding behind one of the cars to the right. He is wearing a uniform. A soldier! When he looks at me, I recognize him immediately. Sergeant Kim!
As soon as we lock eyes, he holds up five fingers. Four, three, two, one.
He shoots the guy with the gun in the shoulder. Coursing him to drop it. I turn around and kick him in the nuts. I jump on my feet and smash my fist into the face of the guy in front of me. His head makes a loud thud when it hits the ground. I turn around to the other guy who is kneeling in front of me, holding his balls. I stabilize my left foot and kick him in the face as hard as possible. His unconscious body hits the ground.
"(Y/n)!"
I turn around as soon as I hear her voice.
Yeji? What is she doing here?
She runs towards me and wraps her arms around me.
"Are you okay?"
She looks at me up and down, checking for any wounds.
"I'm fine."
I see the other girls walking towards us. They all look at me with worried eyes.
"Are you really okay?"
"Don't worry, Chaeryeong. I'm fine. This is part of my job."
Yuna opens her mouth to speak, when I hear someone behind me. I turn around, ready to fight back.
"Are you alright, sir?"
I look at sergeant Kim.
"Yes, thank you."
I look him in the eyes. Don't let them know. They don't know who I am.
"Can I have your name for the report, sir?"
"Hwang. (Y/n) Hwang."
"Thank you."
Once we finish talking, sergeant Kim leaves the scene to report to the colonel. Since I'm a soldier, we can't just hand these guys over to the police. We have to leave, before they get here.
"Let's go home. Your photo shoot for today is finished anyways."

The drive back home is, once again, painted with silence. The girls are sleeping, while I try to concentrate on the road. I still can't believe those guys we're able to fight me that easily. The worst part is that the girls saw it. I tried to be discreet when it comes to bodyguard stuff, because I wanted them to feel safe. It didn't work though. I'm actually surprised they are able to sleep right now.
Once I park the car, I try waking up all of them several times. Even though I'm shaking them, they don't move at all. After I admit my defeat, I open the backseat door and lift Yuna up and carry her to the dorm and to her bed. I do the same with Lia, Ryujin and Chaeryeong. The last one is Yeji. When I lift her up, she immediately wraps her arms around me. Reaching her bed, I try to put her down but she wouldn't let go of me.
"Yeji come on."
I know she is still sleeping, but she starts pouting cutely. I sigh. I get onto her bed and lie down as I place her on it. I try to get out, but she still won't let go. Instead she scoots over, holding me tighter. Seems like I will be sleeping here tonight.