Chapter 4

Location: Los Angeles
Perspective: Yeji

I smile brightly, as Yuna takes a picture of me.
"Now a hand sign."
Yuna seems really into taking pictures these days. I do a peace sign, and Yuna's phone flashes again.
Peace.
I wish we could have peace. Then no innocent people would die. No soldier would have to be afraid to not see his family again. Their families wouldn't have to worry about them so much. (Y/n) could be here now. I wish he was here.
I close my eyes because of the bright sun. When I open them, I gasp. There he is.
(Y/n) smiles at me, as he walks closer. His hands are hidden in the pockets off his uniform as he smiles at me. My heart beats faster. I want this to be real so badly. (Y/n) is now standing in front of me. His eyes sparkle with amusement.
"What are you staring at, Miss Hwang?"
A tear drops down my chin. (Y/n) is not here. That's not him. He is somewhere else. Somewhere dangerous.
As if (y/n) knows what I'm thinking, he opens his mouth to cheer me up. Suddenly a loud bang makes my ears ring.
"(Y/n)!"
His smile is gone and replaced with an expression of pain. He is holding his chest. My eyes grow wide as blood begins to drop down.
"No!"
(Y/n) says something, but I can't hear it. I grab him to prevent him from falling.

Suddenly he is gone. I look at my empty hands. I sob, as I try to fight back the tears.
"I'm sorry I startled you."
I look to my right. A guy stands a few meters away. A small metal pipe is lying to his feet.
"It slipped out of my hands."
"I-its okay."
I use the back of my hand to wipe away the tears, so that no one will notice.

Location: Zaporizhzhia
Perspective: (y/n)

"They broke through the door!"
I hear Tiger even without the radio.
"Shit!"
Now we have to fight in two directions. The soldiers from inside the building are now closer.
Wolf peeks around the corner once more.
"About five seconds!"
He hides behind a container.
"Shadow! Me, Tiger and Seahawk will deal with the guys outside. You keep position. Wolf will support you."
"Copy that."
I zoom in onto the edge of the doorway, through which the Russians will be coming. Taking one last breath, I try to calm myself down.
As soon as the first guy is visible through my scope, I pull the trigger. Another enters the room and gets taken out by me as well.
I don't know how may more are coming, but they are now waiting behind the corner.
"Wolf. See if you can lure them out."
"Copy."
I watch as Wolf slowly steps out of his cover, to try and get a better angle.
Shouts and the sound of gun fire come from somewhere in the back. I have to blend it out, in order to stay focused. I know the three of them have our backs.
Wolf seems to have found his target, as he begins to fire. Another soldier hits the ground.
"Cover!"
My shout comes just in time. Wolf jumps behind the container, before bullets hit the spot where he was standing a second ago. Now the Russian soldiers spill into the room. There are more of them as I expected. The first four lose their lives in a blink of an eye.
"Reloading."
I'm vulnerable while I change my magazine.
Wolf nows that and gives me cover, as he opens fire once again.
Another soldier gets taken down.
Wolf has to go back, as more and more rifles fire at the container he is hiding behind.
I use this to my advantage and begin to pick them off once more. Six more headshots make six soldiers drop to the ground.
"Sniper! There!"
I don't know a lot if Russian, but this I understood. While one of them points at me, he gets shot by Wolf, but the others saw me.
There are still at least ten men left, as some of them keep fighting with Wolf, while the others begin to shoot at me. I roll away, leaving my empty sniper rifle behind. I keep pressing my body on the ground of the platform,as I rob into my second position. My HK416 is lying there, waiting to be used. Before, me and Wolf were both hiding on the left side of the room. Now the Russians are getting shot at from two sides. I'm now on the right part of the room, as I begin to shoot them down. It's almost a massacre as the dead pile up near the entrance.
Once Wolf finally takes down the last soldier, I run back towards my original position.
"Check 'em."
Leaving his cover, Wolf starts to look if any of the soldiers are still alive. Meanwhile I reload, listening for the sounds in the background. Because there are still bullets flying, I know at least one of the three is still alive. Running down the stairs, I meet up with Wolf. I give him a reassuring tap on the shoulder after he signals me that no one survived.
The two of us run towards the other side of the room, trying to stay out of sight. When we are almost there, the firing suddenly stops.
"Fuck!"
I run towards the entrance, Wolf following me. When we reach the scene, I see another pile of dead enemies.
Seahawk is checking if anyone is still alive while Tiger and Panther wait for us.
"Are you alright?"
"We are fine, Shadow."

"I trust you with this, Wolf."
The four of us guard the entrance of the output control room.
Our team is made out of us five individuals. We all have our own selective qualities. While I'm a sharp shooter, Tiger is a Seal in the Korean Navy, Panther is a medical officer and Seahawk is our communication guy. Wolf is the explosive specialist.
"Just make sure, I'm not getting shot."
While Wolf prepares the C4, me and Panther stay in the doorframe. Seahawk looks around the room.
"Can't we just cut the wires? Why do we have to blow this up? It's way to risky."
"Because you can replace a wire. But you can't repair this whole room anytime soon."

Location: Itzy's hotel room
Perspective: Chaeryeong

The five of us watch an American tv show before we go to bed early. We have a schedule tomorrow, so we want to get a lot of sleep. We decided on watching some tv. Once the show ends, the news start. At first it's only about some stuff from the US, until they begin to talk about the war in the Ukraine.
I glance at Yeji, to see how she is holding up. Because me and Tiger are beginning to like each other, she told me in secret where she thinks they went a couple of days ago. I still can't believe that they might be in the Ukraine.
"The biggest news today, is this footage. It was taken only two hours ago from the Ukrainian government. It shows an Ukrainian nuclear power plant."
I can't believe my eyes as they show the footage of a drone flying over the scene. Because I have never seen a nuclear power plant up close, I'm amazed how big it is. Suddenly one of the buildings collapses. Smoke and dirt are thrown into the air. The sound of the explosion is so loud, that we have to cover our ears. People are running around, trying not get hit by falling rubble. Some soldiers run towards the building, while others run away. Mixed into the screams of the civilians, we hear gun fire. The five of us are all sitting on the bed in a silent shock.
Smoke is still in the air and is almost completely blocking the view of the building that collapsed. It's now only a pile of rubble. I'm sure everyone who would have been inside would be crushed by now.
The tv is now showing the news studio again.
"The power plant is badly damaged. It's not confirmed that the reactors were hit though. The power supply is now cut off completely, which was supposedly the goal of the operation. As of now, no one knows who was involved in the attack. During the confusion after the explosion, Ukrainian soldiers were able to attack the Russian soldiers inside the power plant. The Ukrainian military confirms that it's now under their control. We still don't know if any civilians got hurt."