37

Location: Icheon, Gyeonggi province, Special forces HQ

Perspective: (y/n)

As soon as I enter the building I head towards my locker. I open it and get my phone. I immediately check my messages. The notifications show me that Yeji send me over a hundred texts over the last weeks. I open our chat and start to read them one by one. I can't believe she send them to me every single day.

Tuesday: Good morning, (y/n)! I don't know if you're awake or sleeping right now, but I hope you are okay. We are going to eat at a delicious restaurant today after practice. I can't wait to try the food. Let me know if you are able to eat delicious food as well. Stay save!

Wednesday: Hello, (y/n)! I'm writing you this early because I will go to sleep soon. We had to wake up early today, that's why I'm so tired. The food yesterday was crazy good. The noodle soup was really yummy. I ate so much. My stomach hurts now. I know you won't read this anytime soon but I hope you eat well. Please contact me as soon as you can.

Fourteen hours ago: I hope you come back soon. I miss you. I have my performance tomorrow so I will go to bed early. Good night.
I sit down while breathing heavily. I didn't expect her to text me every single day. I'm not used to this. The only people who usually have my number are the other soldiers. While smiling I type a reply.
Hwiting! 🏆
I turn around after hearing a pair of footsteps coming my way.
"(Y/n)!"
I immediately get crushed by Wolf who embraces my in a tight hug. The others are following in a more modest pace.
"Great to have you back."
Panther gives me a quick hug as well.
"Aren't you protecting the girls?"
"If I recall correctly we are soldiers not bodyguards."
"Hey Seahawk. Don't talk like that."
I give him a light smack on his shoulder.
"Let's eat."
I hesitate for a second.
"You can't meet her right now. She is at an award show."
I raise an eyebrow.
"How would you know that?"
Panther nods at Tiger.
"He kept in contact with Chaeryeong."
"Is that so?"
I smirk at him.
"Don't get the wrong idea kid."
He takes a step towards me.
"Relax. I'm just happy for the two off you."
"Whatever."
Tiger turns away so he doesn't have to face us.
We keep on talking while strolling towards the restaurant on the other side off the street.
While enjoying dinner, Ye-jun took a seat at our table.
Seahawk looks at her.
"Why do you keep sitting with us? Don't you have any customers?"
"Fuck off."
We all chuckle at the two off them bickering.
Suddenly a phone rings. Then another one. Then mine. Then all off our phones ring.
"Oh come on. (Y/n) has been back for only an hour now."
"Doesn't matter."
Says Panther before picking up the phone. We follow his example.

Location: award show in Seoul
Perspective: Yeji

I can't stop smiling. I keep looking at my phone. I read the message (y/n) send me once again.
He is back and his save. I can't wait to meet him. I'm about to text him to meet up tomorrow, when our manager calls us. Me and the girls ready ourselves and walk towards the stage. This morning I was a bit nervous, but not anymore. The excitement to be able to see (y/n) tomorrow washed everything else away.

After our performance and our thank you speech, we all sit down at our table. The one to our left is occupied by Twice. The one to our right by Red Velvet. As we walk past Twice, Nayeon gives me a thumbs up.
She mouths "great performance."
I bow and smile at her. Thankful for her support.
The rest off the event goes as planned. Other idols got awards as well. Ryujin clapped especially loud, when IU received hers. We are already at the end off the event when Yuna leans over to me.
"Unnie."
She has a concerned look on her face.
"What is it?"
I whisper back.
"I'm hungry. I want to eat pizza."
I can't believe her.
"We will eat later. We are almost finished. You can order when we are on the way home."
She smiles in satisfaction and leans back.

I turn my attention back to the guy talking on the stage. While he is still introducing the last segment of the award show another man walks up to him. At first I don't think much off it but then I can see that he is wearing a ski mask.
"What is going on?"
Lia asks.
Right at that moment we hear a loud bang. The man with the mic falls onto the ground. I cover my mouth with my hands in shock. All off the people around me start to panick. I hear another shot.
The man on the stage grabs the mic.
"No one move!"
He has a big accent. He doesn't speak Korean but barely understandable English.
"Sit down on your seats! If one off you moves we will shoot all off you!"
I hear the doors being opened. More men with ski masks run into the room. They all carry rifles and other weapons. Some off them position themselves at the exits while others walk between us.
After the second shot was fired, none off us said a word. We all keep quiet, hoping that everything is going to be okay. My heart starts to beat faster every second.

________

Author's note:
Hey everyone! I'm sorry for the long waiting time, but I'm currently really busy. I'm preparing for my a levels right now and I barely have time.
I heard that Lia and Yeji have covid. I hope they recover as fast as possible. Please get healthy as soon as possible.

All off you stay safe!