22

Location: Icheon
Perspective: Yeji

I look into the mirror in front of me in shock. We are currently in the changing room during our break. Lia and Yuna just told us what Lia heard yesterday.
"You mean we were followed?"
I still can't believe it. Instead of being angry at (y/n) like the others, I'm more concerned. Imagine they would have done something to us. A shiver goes down my spine. Although I'm disappointed that (y/n) didn't tell us, I know why he kept it a secret. He probably didn't want to scare us. As I keep thinking about (y/n) I realize I haven't seen him in a while.
"Where is he anyways?"
"I saw him leaving a while ago."
I look at Yuna.
"Where?"
"I don't know where he went."
I immediately grab my phone. Should I call him? What if the stalkers caught him? No way. JYP said (y/n) is really good at his job. But maybe he got surprised?
I can't help but feel nervous. I know something is wrong. He wouldn't just leave like that.
"Maybe he went to the bathroom."
"An hour ago? I don't think so, Chaeryeong."
"He might have gone to our van."
"Let's check it out."

We head down to the parking lot. Suddenly I stop and scratch my head.
"Where did (y/n) park the car again."
"Unnie," I look at Ryujin "your sence of direction is that of a drunken squirrel."
"Yah! Don't talk to me like that."
"That way!"
Lia points to our left. I see the black van on the other side off the garage.
"Let's go."
We slowly walk from car to car until we are able to see (y/n) clearly. He seems to be talking to another guy, who is standing in front of him.
"Is that one of the guys from yesterday, Lia?"
We all look at her.
"I don't know. I wasn't able to see their faces in the dark."
We hide behind a nearby car and listen to their conversation.

"Your friend?" That's (y/n).
"Yes."
"What's her name?"
"Why do you want to know that?"
"Maybe I know her."
"Ah. Of course."
What are they talking about. A friend? But why is he at our car. I look at the members.
"Does anyone know him?"
"No. We don't."
"Never seen him before."
Maybe he just confused our car with that of his friend.
"My friend's name is Lee Chaeryeong."
A shock goes through my body. I turn around. I see Chaeryeong as shocked as me. She just shakes her head slowly.
"I'm miss Lee's bodyguard."
"Oh! Really? Can you take me to her?"
"I'm sorry but I need proof, that she is actually your friend."
"O-of course. He is our chat history."
"How can he have a chat history with unnie, if she doesn't even know him?"
Yuna whispers next to me.
"He is probably lying."
I see (y/n) looking at the other guy's phone. He doesn't seem to be pleased. He looks at the guy and back at his phone.
"Can I meet her now, please?"
No. He doesn't know her. I want to tell that to (y/n) but I can't. None of us can warn him. The only thing we can do, is to stand here and watch.
"Just a moment."
Does he actually believe him?
Suddenly I see him pressing something on the phone and holding it to his ear. He is calling Chaeryeong.
"Hello?"

Perspective: (y/n)

I hear heavy breathing on the other side of the line.
"Hello?"
"Did you find them?"
That's a man's voice. Is he talking about the girls?
" Yes I did."
"Good. Bring them to the location I texted you. And don't screw up like last time."
"Yes."
While talking on the phone, I keep looking at the guy in front of me. He hangs his head down and sighs in defeat.
"You do remember last time. Right, (y/n)?"
I gulp in surprise. How does that guy now me?
"Who are you."
"Ah come on. I'm an old friend."
"What do you want from those girls."
"Nothing. Just a little chat."
He starts laughing evily.
"Who are you?"
He hang up.
I clench my fist. I'm about to grab the guy in front of me by his collar, when I feel something cold on my neck.
"Put your hands up."
A gun. How can I be so stupid. I should have expected that he isn't alone.
The guy in front of me grins and takes his phone back.
"So. Can I meet them now?"
"No."
He punches me in the stomach. Before I'm able to react, I receive another punch. I fall onto the ground holding my stomach.
"Now?"
"Fuck you."
I feel the gun on the back of my head.
"Goodbye."