Chapter 9 : The Accident

You said you were at Misfit Bar at the night of the murder, but there were cameras in every room in every corner, we have video evidence you were never there. So, please tell me where you actually were that night?

I.. I was..

Doyoung stared at him patiently, waiting for another excuse when clearly he was the one with the blood on his hands. He could see the sweat trickle down his forehead, until he finally yelled.

Okay! I did it, I did kill her! It doesn’t matter by now!!

Thank you for your acknowledgment, murderer.

The man blinked at him, before he stood up from his seat abruptly which startled everyone around him so the cops who were waiting at the sides ran over and grabbed him. The criminal cursed at him until all Doyoung could hear was the echoes of his words through the empty halls. One of his friends jogged over to him after the courtroom cleared out.

You always look so cool during these hyung, did you actually find evidence?

No.

You lied?

I did go to the bar, but they don’t have cameras. I asked if they saw him, apparently they didn’t, but it didn’t matter. Because in the end, a good lie was all it took for him to break and reveal his crimes. Too gullible, if I was him, I would have asked for the evidence with no sweat.

Doyoung took out a little bag from his satchel, where he pulled out a bagel and bit into it. His friend was bewildered and stopped walking, which confused him and he stopped too. They stared at each other for a moment.

What is it?

Nothing, hyung.

Say, shouldn’t you be at your job, Hyuck?

Donghyuck sighed, stuffing his hands in his pockets.

Yes, but they’re performing something I don’t approve of. I’m afraid of the outcome, they need my help with it but I’d rather not.

What are you doing in the lab?

.. That’s confidential, you know better.

Yes I do.

At that moment, Donghyuck received a call, where he held up a finger towards Doyoung as he answered. He walked down the hallway further for privacy, but Doyoung could hear him arguing with whoever was on the phone until he got quiet.

You did what? You were never given permission to do that, what have you done? God, what have you done, I need to get there now. You idiot, this was exactly what I was afraid of. Now, there is a chance people will die.

Donghyuck turned around, walking to Doyoung.

I need to go, there has been an accident.

Then without any explanation, he ran and left him there alone. Doyoung truly wondered what happened in that lab, there was always something happening where he had to leave and fix it. Sometimes like now, he was there witnessing it, but he had never heard one where people could possibly die. Donghyuck had an expensive education though, and wouldn’t doubt if he was the smartest one in that lab, so Doyoung didn’t think nothing drastic would happen with him there.

It had been a few hours after that, he hasn’t been contacted yet by Donghyuck to see if the problem was resolved. When he tried to text him, the messages wouldn’t send. Had he blocked him? No, he wouldn’t. Then after sending the twelfth message, he received a respond but none to his previous questions.