Entry : Kun

July 16th, 2022

My name is Qian Kun. I am 26 years old at the moment, my birthday was six months ago on January first. It was a new kind of event, considering we had already been a few months into the pandemic, and I didn’t do what I did every birthday since I became an adult. Nothing. I was usually too busy, I could be meeting with a another company to discuss a matter or have them sign a contract where our companies could have some relations. Or tracking financial measures to help prepare a transition. The birthday I had six months ago, I never told them until Yuta hyung spoke up about it the day it occurred. It was the most embarrassed I have ever felt in years, especially my high position in the modern society and the envious people in the world I lived in. Of course, Yuta hyung wanted to do what every birthday party had, a cake and blow out the candles. He really hadn’t change the last time I had saw him. So he forced everyone, or moreover, everyone was happy to go out and find a dessert like cake. I thought it was dangerous and ignorant to go out and risk our lives for something stupid as a birthday.. it was nice though. I had to admit. We couldn’t find a cake, so we traveled to find ingredients that weren’t spoiled so we can bake our own cake. They got candles, decorations to put on the cake. In the end, it was pretty crappy. The icing was slipping off the cake, the insides were too moist, too sweet for my taste buds. But to see the others faces scrunch up, with their clothes covered in flour and yolk was a relaxing thing to see. It was a happy day. I’m truly grateful for someone like Yuta hyung.

My name is Qian Kun and fear is a gun trigger.