Chapter 11 : Running Low

July 20th, 2022

You don’t want to journal? All three of you?

Yuta brought back an extra three for Johnny, Jaehyun, and Jisung but they rejected them. They had faith one day, help will come. Previously not too long ago, Renjun found a radio and used batteries to get it working, most of the stations were off until they heard a voice. It turns out we have been blocked off from the rest of the world, the only other place we could go to was China where it had already spread. It was almost like the Hunger Games, Jaemin had said and it didn’t relieve any of our stress. Stuck in a large area. The only solution was to live or die.

I’m sure we will be taken care of.

Johnny reassured himself and his family, who agreed with silence and no talk backs regarding it. Yuta nodded, tossing the three notebooks on the coffee table. After they had found Donghyuck along with the other three, they realized they needed a larger base. So, they searched around the city for a house or building that was in a decent state, they found a beach house. The previous owners were in their beds, a gun in the husbands hand and Donghyuck found bullets in their heads. The wife, along with the children. It seems they couldn’t handle it. Mark and Doyoung removed the bodies, the rest besides Donghyuck weren’t used to the smell of death. They had a proper burial, and wished peace upon them.

After, they built higher fences, a higher gate, the upper floor was blocked off from anyone being able to see someone or any light inside. The lower floor was protected and remained unseen from beyond the fences. There was a pool in the back of their house, still clean, and the water was cold. It was a truly beautiful house. It was far from where their last location, though none of them took offense to it. But, the Seo family often had sad thoughts of their home. There was nothing to be done about it though, and they understood that well. Johnny better than the other two.

Onto a more.. positive note.

Everyone has warmed up to each other, some more than others. Donghyuck walked out into the back of the house with the sun reflecting onto his white hair, gold rimmed spectacles adoring his eyes and gently dropping his crossbow (which Jeno gifted him with) onto the seat beside him then relaxed onto the chair. He let his head fall back on the chair with his eyes closed, Jeno walked out until he noticed he was outside too, and edged closer to him quietly, before planting a kiss on his lips. It startled him and his eyes opened, but his features relaxed when he realized who it was. He pushed him away.

Don’t scare me like that.

You didn’t seem scared.

Well, I was. I just don’t give much of a reaction.

Taeyong swam upwards from the water, then took a deep breath in and relaxed his arms on the outer part of the pool. His hair drenched and half of his torso was pulled out of the pool. He hummed happily, just because Lurkers had taken over the city it doesn’t mean everyday they needed new supplies, there were also days where they could relax. Especially with a house like this. Yuta walked out of the house with a biscuit in his hand, nibbling at it until Taeyong held his arms out to him, his eyes on the prize. The biscuit. But Yuta rejected him with a shake of his head.

You can’t eat in the water. You will get sick and the pool will be floating with crumbs.

I’ll get out then!

Taeyong began to lift himself up until Yuta stopped him by kneeling down and placing a hand on his shoulder. He tore a piece off, before gesturing for him to open his mouth. He happily did so, his eyes closed until he felt the dry snack in his mouth then chewing it. Yuta pressed his lips against his forehead, then standing up to walk back inside but Taeyong managed to grab his shirt, and pull him back into the pool. He was laughing in a strange way, disturbingly close to how Cardi B was laughing on that one show where they edited her face to seem bigger. Yuta didn’t float up, but Taeyong was pulled into the water. It startled him and he desperately tried to swim back up until he opened his eyes, finding his boyfriend laughing with bubbles escaping his mouth. They both reached the surface, both coughing especially Yuta from laughing underwater.