Entry : Jaemin

July 16th, 2022

Hello! My name is Na Jaemin, I am 22 years old, and I was previously a preschool teacher. I have always loved children, so when someone asked me what I wanted my job to be when I am older, I always said a teacher for children. I did two years of highschool before I tested out and attended college. Stayed until I got my degree and was able to work for the job I’ve been striving for since I was at a young age. So, when I finally managed to win a job at a school a few miles from my home, I was nervous on the first day. They were quiet at first, they must have been intimidated by my height. Soon, they began to warm up to me and call me Oppa instead of Mr. Na or by my first name. During break, I was in the restroom cleaning the markers and paint and glitter off my face. The other few teachers said they loved me, I believed them because it seemed to be true. I had never been more happy. I was living the life I always wanted. I had been working there for two years, then it was October 23rd. It was every other day, time to play with the kids and I was excited as always. Many people questioned how I could be so patient, I occasionally asked that too but never pondered too hard on it. It was a gift. Everything was moving smoothly, the same Monday like last week and the week before. At least, that’s what I thought, that’s what I hoped for. I never knew, in a million years, everything would be ripped away just as quickly as I received it.

My name is Na Jaemin, and defeat is a gun trigger.