Chapter 10 : Escape

What happened?

Donghyuck spoke through the phone, he had previously excused himself from Doyoung and took a few steps away so he wouldn’t be able to listen in on his conversation.

Uh, hi Donghyuck.

Get to the point Mr. Seo, now.

Oh, right! Ah, well, you know how many of us wanted you to stay so you would help us with project 127, I really wish you did. But, uh, the man who we injected the disease to was much more unstable than we thought. We locked him in the glass room. We are currently undergoing the cures, but we don’t know if it’s safe.

I don’t know where you are getting at. Who said I allowed you guys to give him the disease?! Surely I didn’t.

I respect you a lot, trust me I do. We never meant for this to happen, but we did listen. We didn’t give him the one specified, so we used.. the other one.

Donghyuck stopped breathing for a second. Yes, there was another disease that everyone anxiously wanted to use. It was originally created for the ability to control people, but it didn’t work out, and the person who it is given to now won’t be able to be controlled by anyone. Not even themselves. It was put aside by Donghyuck himself, he kept it in his office. He never expected to be disrespected in such a way, so he left it in his drawer unprotected. They called it the DMC. It stood for Devoured Mind Causality.

You did what? You were never given permission to do that, what have you done? God, what have you done, I need to get there now. You idiot, this was exactly what I was afraid of. Now, there is a chance people will die.

I’m sorry–”

Donghyuck ended the call and quickly told Doyoung he had to go, then ran out of the building by taking the stairs and hopping in his car. Immediately, he was greeted by the one he was previously on the phone with. The man stood there with his brown hair shining in the sun. He was taller than him, but Donghyuck had the ability to make him nervous than any other scientist he has met due to his assertive aura.

H.. hi Mr. Lee.

Let’s go.

Donghyuck walked past him, taking his forearm and dragging him with him. He greeted patients like normal and the staff too with a sweet smile, until he made it to the janitor room. It was cramped with the two men in there, Donghyuck was fine but the other was flustered to be almost chest-to-chest with his superior. He then patted the wall with his hand, until he found the panel and pushed it. That’s where the same wall slid to the left, and there were glass stairs leading to the lab. This was the ‘basement.’

Where is he?

Donghyuck immediately asked.

Ah, in the glass room, I told you through the phone.

Have the three visitors been injected with the cures?

Yes! But, since you never tried to include yourself, we don’t know what to do next considering we didn’t put the disease in them and we weren’t instructed to to begin with.

Are you saying it’s my fault, Mr. Johnny?

Johnny gulped, scratching the back of his neck nervously by the mention of Donghyuck saying his first name. He shook his head quickly, this caused him to crack a smile from how much respect he received, it was cute and comforting to know at least someone tried to listen to him.