Chapter 15 : We're here!

Donghyuck was worried. On the way, he realized how beat up he looked, overtime the bruise had gone a mix of purple and yellow. Wounds and blood covered his body, his left eye was almost white, he looked like a mess. What if they mistake him as a Lurker? Would they give the others a chance to explain? Or would they get their guns ready? Donghyuck thought of grabbing Mark's gun and shoving it in his mouth, but he would be stopped before he could. Then he felt the car stop, and it didn’t feel like it was the third time to refill the gas tank.

We’re here.

I can’t, no no I can’t. They’ll kill me, and then they will kill you.

What? Don’t speak nonsense.

Jeno sighed.

No no, listen, they won’t take any chances. If I was them, I know I would be scared and wouldn’t want to take a risk. You know me.

Yes, but you would possibly give us a chance, so who says they won’t?

You’re making a mistake–

Donghyuck was forcefully pulled out of the car and onto his feet, he saw the others get out of the car. Taeyong followed out after Kun, with his stained bat and he turned to Donghyuck.

He smiled.

I’m glad you made it.

Then Renjun, despite being filthy, hugged Donghyuck tightly. He pulled away and patted his shoulder, he turned around to face the other end of the road. There was a huge space between them and the tunnel. In front of it were wires, signs, spikes and other things capable of impaling them stood in their way. Yuta took Taeyong's hand, Jaemin held Mark's while Jeno wrapped an arm around Donghyuck. Then the twelve of them began to walk towards them, with weapons and bags of food, but when they got closer they heard them.

Stop!

They stopped. Yuta opened his mouth to speak.

We are survivors, we are injured and have traveled far to be here! Please let us in!

There was silence.

Any bitten?

Of course, they expected the question. Yet didn’t know how to answer it. Yuta looked back at Donghyuck, who looked like a child ready to break out in tears. Then he looked back.

Yes!

Who?!

They heard the sounds of guns clicking, and Kun looked at Yuta.

Why would you say that?

He is okay! We have a cure, and used it on him. He is fine, please let him through!

This caused a discussion between everyone on the other side.

I suggest we trick them, and kill the infected.

But if the infected wasn’t cured, he would be eating them.

We shouldn’t debate this, obviously the infected isn’t going wild and killing his friends. So, they must have a cure!

We can save South Korea and China.

Come forward!

They all let out sigh of relief, and they did as instructed. Soon, they were right in front of the gate.