Chapter 12 : Betrayal

Yuta hyung, we’re running low on snacks and medical supplies. I think we should go out again.

You think so?

Donghyuck asked the next early morning, he pulled out a list he previously made.

The roll of bandages is thinning up a bit. We have two bags of potato chips, lack of vegetables, water, and considering the cold will come back in around two months we will need medicine.

I see, you’re right. Better be safe than sorry. I’ll tell the others and we will be outside in an hour.

An hour passed and everyone were walking out the door with their weapons. Yuta sat in the drivers seat, feeling the truck bounce a bit from the few men hopping in the cargo bed. Jaehyun, Jisung, Jaemin and Doyoung decided to stay home, they didn’t want add so many people to the car and keep their house safe from any Lurkers or possible selfish survivors. They weren’t much of the fighter type either, especially Johnny's family and it seemed Johnny wanted to be the one who kept them out of harm by sacrificing himself. Donghyuck sat in the rear as he always did, Mark across from him who ran his hand up and down his sniper with a moist wipe, his eyes consistently concentrating on cleaning it to Donghyuck. He rolled his eyes, and leaned his elbow on the panel with his hand hanging freely out of the truck. The four of them jutted forward from the start of the ride, then it began silently as they drove down the rocky road. As they saw Lurkers, they stabbed the ones who grew closer to them and the others who tried to have a free ride and meal. Then they found themselves in the city they previously lived in, Yuta parked into an alleyway near a convenience store. Renjun hopped off immediately to strike the Lurker creeping towards them, his aim for the neck fired too hard and his axe hit the brick wall. The head fell near his feet and he turned his axe, smashing the head of his weapon into its brain.

Don’t be careless.

Mark sighed.

You know it’s the brain.

Sorry, I wasn’t informed that a Lurkers head could grow legs and bite me.

Don’t be childish.

Donghyuck commented as he walked past them, the rest soon followed them and snuck into the store, grabbing a basket as they walked in and taking the food that hasn’t expired. Or seem in good condition. Renjun reached for bread, then turned around instantly when he heard air hit him and saw a Lurker collapse near him with an arrow in its head.

I would advise to be more aware.

Yes, papa.

Renjun teased, reaching down to pull the arrow out from its head with a few swishing around to loosen the insides sticking to it. He then handed it over to him along with the bread, dropping it into his basket.

Expires next month.

Got it.

Located in the backroom were food that would be considered more valuable towards them for their extended periods of freshness and good health. A variety of sauces, spices, and vegetables that could easily and deliciously compliment a meal.

Hey, it’s raining!

Jeno pointed outside, and it surely was. Clouds swallowed the blue sky, nothing but a gloomy gray view from above staring down at them. It would be difficult to travel, if fog decided to slip into the picture it would become dangerous.

Let’s go to the hospital quickly then, everyone has items in their basket correct?

Yes!