Chapter 17 : I love you

The two had fallen asleep. It was 3 in the morning, neither of them had felt the need to leave and without hesitation let sleep overcome their senses. Chenle continuously almost fell forward until he found something to lean on, Jeno's shoulder, and then slept comfortably. Jeno's head met the wall, where he snored quietly. This was one of the best naps he had ever taken since he was in jail, he didn’t have to worry about Lurkers breaking in.

Jeno?

Donghyuck woke up. He looked around the dark room, then tried to search tor his crossbow when he saw two figures but he couldn’t feel it. His eye adjusted to the darkness, and he realized he was in a hospital, and the two figures were Jeno, along with some other fellow he didn’t recognize. An old friend? No, he has never seen that man in his life.

Jeno, wake up.

No..

Donghyuck laughed dryly from his faint whine, it was difficult to see and grabbed the pillow he slept on then threw it at him. It also hit the man by mistake and he woke up aggressively, hitting Jeno in the face then nearly falling off the chair.

Merde–!

Ow!

They both yelled and Donghyuck quickly shushed them.

You realize it’s.. three in the morning right?

Donghyuck looked at the clock on the wall, he had almost forgotten how to tell time. Jeno sighed, rubbing his eyes while Chenle picked up his beret.

Sorry.

Pardon me.

Chenle replied politely.

Who are you?

I was the one who donated blood, my name is Zhong Chenle.

Why are you here?

Sorry, I was worried for your health and wanted to thank you for coming back. The cure and all, thank you very much.

Oh.. of course, thank you.

I should leave.

Chenle stood up and opened the door, stepping out but Donghyuck held his arm out.

Wait! Don’t leave.

I won’t, but I’ll give you and Jeno some alone time. The two who are soon to be married shall have a moment together, yes? Just knock when I’m allowed back in.

Chenle smiled and waved his hand, then shut the door behind him. Jeno and Donghyuck both stared at the door, if this was a cartoon Jeno would be sweating like it was 140 degrees in the hot summer. Donghyuck turned his head to him, not saying a word. Or if he was, Jeno beat him to it.

I’m sorry oh my god, I know you said yes at the time but you didn’t love me. I can take back the proposal, I was very emotional at the time because I missed you–

It hasn’t been a day.

I missed you okay! And I was thinking back at our time together and kinda ranted to Chenle about you.

You ranted to a man you don’t know..

Yes!

Jeno sighed, covering his eyes from embarrassment but smiled, shaking his head. He then began to laugh. He didn’t know why, he found it hilarious.

Oh my god, what am I going to do with you?

Jeno sat there confused, he didn’t understand what he meant or why he was laughing. Then he could see the tears in the darkness and he stood from his seat, walking close to the bed until he took a seat next to him.

Donghyuck, why are you crying? What’s so funny? Are you upset? I’m sorry.

His laughter ceased. A few more tears slipping from his eyes, his fingers wiping them away then wiping his nose with a tissue from the bedside table. He stared down at the IV stuck in his forearm, then his hand reached to touch the bandage over his left eye. Then his hands reached for the end of the gown, pulling it up to look at the others. Jeno saw he was naked and quickly looked away. Why did they take off all his clothes? Donghyuck dropped the gown with a soft sigh, he caught Jeno's hands in sight and took them in his own. It caught his attention and the male looked back at him, to find Donghyuck holding his hand close to his bruised cheeks. It hurt, but the warmth from his hand made everything alright.

I love you.

The mumble was all it took for Jeno to start sniffling, then break out in tears. He hid his face in Donghyuck's shoulder, letting the stress finally flow out of him in an emotional breakdown. Jeno finally replied.

I love you too, I love you so much. So so much.

I’ll marry you Jeno..

Donghyuck whispered against his head of hair, placing a gentle kiss before lifting his face with his three fingers beneath his chin, pressing his lips against Jeno's. He kept his eyes open, and he saw Donghyuck close his eyes.

Before, Jeno thought Donghyuck's eyes looked just like his when he looked at him. He was wrong. He could see the difference from the beach house a few days ago to today at the hospital, they were brighter and they were larger. How could he not have realized?

Behind the door, Chenle waited outside patiently with his phone in his hand then he looked up when he felt a presence. He saw Mr. Ji.

Hello? Are you a relative to this patient?

Non, je ne suis pas?

Are you lost..?

The doctor was confused and didn’t understand the language. Chenle only smiled.

Je suis Chenle.

Your name is Chenle?

Au revoir!

Chenle slammed his fist into his stomach, he watched as the doctor coughed before collapsing onto the ground. He sighed, pushing his body away with his foot, until he heard a knock. With a turn of his heel, he smiled at the door.

Coming.

A/n : Looks can be deceiving and Zhong Chenle is the living proof of it :)