Chapter 8 : I know a place

“Here again, Mr. Lee?”

Like I said Granny, call me Jeno.

The old woman who was like a Grandmother to him, wiped the leaking blood off his cheek and rubbed the ends of the band-aid over the cut. He held onto her hand, feeling it close to his cheek, his eyes closed and a small smile on his lips. She smacked her lips but smiled, rolling her eyes at the adorable boy.

Jesus, why did you ever get in here?

You know why.

Jeno let go of her hand, his own landing in his lap with his gaze downwards, until he felt her hand travel through his hair. It caused him to smile and lean into her touch. Despite the hatred holding in the prison, the cold nights and hot mornings, the arguments he held with everyone, it all made up to him if he got to be with the sweet old lady in the nursing room. He couldn’t help but be spoiled and filled with affection by her, even when she is simply speaking to him, he always smiles and listens carefully to her words.

You should stop getting into fights Jeno, you’re always covered in bruises and cuts.

I tell them not the face.

I know, but you should also control your strength, we were forced to send one to the hospital because of you! Naughty boy.

Jeno threw his head back laughing, kicking his legs like a child over the bed.

He deserved it, racist and sexist, I’m pretty sure he did disgusting things to people. I’m not sure why they put him in here, he deserves to die.

Jeno, those are terrible quirks of a human, but you know you can’t kill every one of them off the face of the Earth. The least they could do is put them here for a couple years or for life.

He stared down at his nails, lifting his legs and crossing them over the other.

I say that’s too good for him. This place provides food, medicine, these people don’t have to pay for taxes and they are in perfect health. This system is bullshit.

I have to say I agree.

Jeno looked up, and smiled.

This is why you’re my favorite Granny.

Ah, whatever, come on they’re waiting for you.

Jeno nodded, sliding off the bed and placing a kiss in her hair. The security grabbed him and pulled him away from her, earning a growl out of him and he threw his head back to knock one of them in a nose. She sighed. Outside of the nursing room, when he isn’t with her, he is a man filled with anger and is capable of being a killing machine. She hated this side of him. Jeno was roughly pulled back towards the two security men, now one of them with a nosebleed, then forced out and back to his cell. He was shoved in there, once they immediately shut the door he was already there, gripping the bars as he stared at the man with a bloody nose.

Hey, you got something there.

He spit at him. The security wanted nothing more but to punch his sorry face, but left to calm himself down. Jeno's hands slid and he backed up, his body swing left and to the right slightly until he felt the bed at his legs and he sat down. He turned his head to look at the markings on the wall from previous inmates. Usually in every sale, two people were in there but Jeno had a special case where he wasn’t allowed to have a partner. The last one he had was a person too easy to handle, they should have seen it coming.