Chapter 16 : French Guy??

Jeno waited anxiously in the waiting room of the hospital, he almost fought everyone when they were back waiting at the blue tents. He could hear Donghyuck scream and wanted to stomp over there to investigate but his friends kept him from doing so. They reassured him he will soon be moved to the hospital and it will be over. So, here he waited.

Mark was on the run, despite living a few months without the system he had his wallet and would be able to live in a luxurious apartment once again but with Renjun. They exchanged numbers, then he left.

Yuta's phone had immediately began to work once there were accessible network and he received multiple texts from relatives. He messages them back, and only a few replied, thanking God he was alive.

Taeyong was happy for him and hugged him when Yuta couldn’t help but start to tear up. Kun knew the wine deal was already abolished, but he called his company to make sure everything was alright. They were surprised to hear from him. The others meanwhile wanted to know if they would be covered in buying new homes since their previous ones were taken over, so they left. Johnny had spoke to Jeno before he left.

Text me if he turns out alright.

Okay.

It had been a few hours of waiting, he was undergoing surgery and they were searching for a person to receive blood from. Donghyuck was blood type B, so he can have a positive and negative B and the same with O. It was only half an hour ago they found one, Jeno couldn’t recall his name but it began with a C. Soon he saw the man come out, he wore a collared shirt with the single button undone to reveal his meticulous collarbones. In red it read Cleveland on his shirt, Jeno could tell that wasn’t where he’s from though, the black beret topping off his lilac dyed hair with a tassel hanging off. He stopped in front of Jeno.

Are you Lee Jeno?

Who wants to know?

Probably the police, eh? I’m joking, I’m Chenle.

Chenle held out his hand for a shake, which Jeno followed along with before the man sat down.

Ah, you guys are the outsiders right? The ones who survived the.. the mort vivant?

He spoke french. Jeno assumed that he was born in Asia, but perhaps moved at a young age and became bilingual in French thanks to his family. It was pretty self-explanatory just by the way he looked and the accent coming along with his words.

The Lurkers?

If that’s what you call it, yes. I’m surprised, your friend said there were twelve of you, yeah?

Yes.

Wow, you guys really are brave. You have my respect, I’m glad to have donated.

Chenle patted Jeno's lap.

He will be fine, trust me. He seems like he has gone through a lot, but I’m sure you guys will get through it.

Thank you, I hope the cure will heal him internally.”

What?! You guys also have found the cure? Wow, you truly are amazing.

Don’t flatter me, he gave us the cure, it wasn’t me.

I will give him my thanks, I never experienced it but saw how horrifying it was on TV. I am very grateful.

Lee Jeno?

A doctor who stood at around 6’0 called out his name as he walked out of the hallway with a clipboard in his hand. Chenle stood along with him but was startled when Jeno looked at him.

Ah, sorry, should I leave? It was a subconscious action, I’m just worried of your friend but my time here is done.

Chenle apologized and turned to leave but Jeno grabbed his wrist before he could leave.

You can come.

Donghyuck laid asleep in the hospital bed, bandages covering his left eye and right shoulder, along with his abdomen beneath the hospital gown. Chenle stood awkwardly at the doorway for a few seconds, unaware of what to do and what he was allowed to do considering he didn’t know this man. He was only worried for his health and wanted to thank him for his bravery. He was asleep though. Jeno then gestured for him to sit down next to him, he immediately did as told without a second thought.

Do you know how long he has been asleep?

Mr. Ji had said he will need to rest for the rest of the day and more, his injuries are extremely severe and it was only luck they managed to get rid of the bullet safely without puncturing anything. But again, he was almost eaten alive.

Chenle softly cursed in his second language, he had not seen what Donghyuck or Jeno has, but by the look of it, he didn’t want to.

Well, the right thing to do at a time like this is hope for the best. What I am truly worried for is his mental stage, I hope he is not traumatized in any way due to this.

He.. he’s strong. Stronger than me, stronger than those Lurkers, if someone pushes him down he can stand up again by himself. He’s that independent.

Chenle nodded.

I believe you, my friend.

A/n : Ik Hyuck's blood group is AB but for the sake of the plot I had to change it😅