Chapter 20 : Epilogue

Donghyuck helped Jeno make it to the bed, dropping him onto it with a loud sigh of relief from the weight off his shoulders. He removed his coat, leaving only his button up and bow tie then tossing it on a nearby chair. Jeno only watched with a small smile, his elbow pushing against the mattress so he can support his body.

Come lay down, baby.

You stink of cupcakes and your mouth tastes too sweet. We’re not doing it.

That wasn’t my goal, but if it were to turn out that way, I wouldn’t complain.

Donghyuck rolled his eyes, sitting down on the bed so he can take off his shoes then felt a hand pull at his shirt.

I want to shower, Jeno.

We’ll shower right now, I just want to relax and talk for a bit.

He finally succumbed and collapsed on the bed, letting Jeno pull his arm so he can lay on his side and face each other. He laced their hands together, then stared into his eyes. The white eye always gave off an imperceptible look to others but he could see just as emotion as he could see in the other brown one. Donghyuck was.. unique. He was strong in ways more than one, enviable due to his looks and his personality. The person who is elusive to date or overall become an acquaintance with, he has a preference with the kinds of friends he wants and who he desires to date. Won’t take shit from anyone, a man capable of taking care of himself but wouldn’t mind someone being his complement. At times, he could be petulant and childish which was irritating to many yet brought petty satisfaction to himself, he couldn’t care less and only took note of the opinions given by the people he cares about.

Wow..

Jeno laughed when he realized he spoke out loud, causing Donghyuck to look confused.

What? What’s with the wow?

I don’t know, I just love you, and how free you are.

That does not make any sense.

I literally would die for you, I love you so much. I want to give you everything in the world, I don’t care if someone looks at you and thinks you’re weird. Or if a child tells their parent this man is scaring me.

Jeno, is this about my eye again?

Donghyuck sighed, sitting up and scratching his head. Jeno sat up next to him, leaning forward so he can get a look at him. He pushed him back by the chest.

You’re drunk, stop it.

Hyuck, I really can’t believe you, how can you be so stupid?

His eyes shot open in shock and he stood up, opened his mouth, ready to yell at him for insulting him but Jeno beat him to it.

All these months being with you, I have always been intimidated by you and how you are so much better than me. As we became closer, I realized you are just the same as me. We’re both stupid, we’re both young and in love, both insecure and probably are seen as the weirdest couple out there. One is a murderer who had red hair and the other has a white eye used to have silver hair. Yes, I’m done with my past, I kinda want my hair back though, but I don’t care. You shouldn’t either, when I saw you wearing the medical eye patch Mr. Jung gave you at the ceremony I had never been more offended in my life. That’s why I took it off, I wanted to see it, I wanted our friends to see it I wanted the families there to see it– I wanted the damn priest to see it. So, I let them see my handsome husband who has a disability from being so badass, I let them see the man I love and everything. If I could, I would have take off your clothes and let them see your scars but I know you would immediately ask for divorce papers. Hyuck, I love you and everything that comes along with you, like your attitude, your scars, your emotions and your doubts, your insecurities and your stressful moments, your imperfections I see as perfections. Everything. From the last hair on your head, to the beauty marks scattered across your entire body. You have devoured my mind and soul with your being.

Silence was shared.

That was in our vows, Hyuck. To love and cherish each other. Til death do us part.

No one knows what happens after death Jeno. We could be together, we could not, I could be in hell and you could be in heaven. Or we will be stuck in a void of darkness with no thoughts or remembrance of each other, but it doesn’t matter. Eventually, we will all turn to nothing but dust. One day, the Earth will be swallowed by the universe and we will finally meet our inevitable doom. What we have here doesn’t matter to anyone, to God, if there is a God, he or she doesn’t care about our love. Our love to God is nothing but a declaration, an illusive shout into the sky. It doesn’t matter though, does it? Those Lurkers could have tore us apart, people here could try to, anything can try to pull us apart only for it to push us closer together. If something as negative tries to end us, even if it could be me or you, let us remember that if it is hard to stay together it will hurt more to be apart. We have went through too much, you have gone under my skin and I don’t want to waste my time trying to find you and take you out. Death.. death can laugh in my face, it has. It actually has, perhaps not literally but it felt like it. He gave me a chance, so I’m here. My body gave me a chance, I gave me a chance so I’m here.

Love is nonsensical. So is life and death. It doesn’t matter though. Because in the end, the two will meet eye to eye and realize even if love is useless, it is a blissful thing to have.

Let’s shower, yeah?

Jeno smiled, leaving the bed to stand and Donghyuck nodded. He felt his hand on his lower back, before it began to slide upwards and grasp his shoulder gently. Donghyuck turned his head, he saw Jeno and Jeno saw him. And he smiled back at him.

Yeah.

A/n : And that marks the end of Nevaeh. Hope you guys enjoyed the story (even though Ik there's some mistakes, you author is still a rookie😅). Don't forget to vote and comment. Thank you for reading my story till the end.

Take care. Bye bye.
Till we meet again.
~Richa :)