Chapter 72

[𝐘/𝐍'𝐬 𝐏𝐨𝐕]

We proceed with our current plans by absolutely just roaming the streets hand in hand while she continuously observed the area around her. Some of the citizens of Liyue even began to looked at us; one after another but it seems that Ei didn't mind their own observations towards us however, it made me a bit more concerned about the confidential secrets that I'd kept now that I'm with her.

On the other hand, knowing that she isolated herself inside Tenshukaku and barely leave, there's also a chance that the people here didn't knew nor seen the electro archon's appearance.

As we're currently both having a short conversation towards eachother, someone interrupted us but in a formal way.

"Forgive me ladies, but it just took me by curiousity for noticing two strangely familiar faces walking from afar that I hadn't seen for quite some time now so I couldn't restrain myself and head over to you two."

The voice came from a certain gentleman that I knew very well which got us to focused our gaze towards him who seems to be smiling warmly along with his companion in front of us.

"Mor-"

"Ah! Mr. Zhongli, a pleasure to be meeting with you here on this current location." I frantically cut Ei's words off while also covering her mouth so she can't continue with her words.

"Oh~ Is this our new clients?!" A girl from behind him asked enthusiastically.

"I'm afraid not, they're just an old acquaintance of mine."

While he was busy explaining some things towards her, I secretly whispered something to Ei.

"Yes, that's him but don't blow his cover, Ei. He's now retired and just acts as a normal human being right now."

She stayed silent for a moment before closing her eyes.

"Hmph, so he made his choice."

After they're done talking to one another, Morax then looks at me in the eyes.

"You two seemed to be walking for quite some time now, yes?"

I nodded, "That's correct, although we didn't have any particular plans that's been set right now that had caused us to roam this particular streets and decided to try some of Liyue's delicate cuisines."

"...I see, then perhaps we could help, if that's okay with you, director?" He then looks at the girl who seemed to be nodding in agreement.

"Of course! Judging from their outfits, they came from Inazuma, right? Oh I do loved to visit that place."

"Thank you both."

The four of us first visited a certain food stall as she along with Morax talks with the man who owns it. As for me, I was busy introducing myself as well as talking to the girl that Morax identified as his 'director' by the name Hu Tao.

"Say, isn't there's a festival going on in Inazuma?~ Oh I wished we could have a boat to set sail there and give everyone a discounted coupon! Hehe~" Hu Tao says that made me chuckle.

"Well there is currently one happening in Ritou right now." I said.

"Hmm, from my own perspective, I think that you and Mr. Zhongli are quite close but at the same time, you two don't act as confidants since you didn't leave your formalities with one another, huh?" She asked while looking at me with curiosity.