Chapter 62

[𝐀/𝐍]: 𝑱𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒆, 𝑰'𝒍𝒍 𝒃𝒆 𝒃𝒐𝒓𝒓𝒐𝒘𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑳𝒖𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒆'𝒔 𝒐𝒓𝒈𝒊𝒏𝒂𝒍 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒚𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒔 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒂 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒍𝒆...

[𝐘/𝐍'𝐬 𝐏𝐨𝐕]

Many people's memories have escaped from the damaged roots of the sacred sakura. Me and Ei have finally catched up with Lumine and Paimon while the four of us continued on following the traces.

While we're walking, I noticed Ei was slowing her pace as I quickly turn around to face her.

"Ei, are you not feeling well?"

"I'm fine Y/N. Let's just continue on following these traces and eliminate this rifthound."

"...."

I just sighed as the both of us continued walking.

[𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐬𝐤𝐢𝐩]

We finally reached the end of the traces as it led us to a small cave where there we see more rifthound.

As I was about to summon my polearm, Ei suddenly grabbed my wrist.

"Once again, please leave them to me."

"H-hey! Are you alright? You're scaring us!" Paimon said worriedly.

"Fear not, fighting is what I do best."

She said and lets go of my wrist, summoning her polearm and lunged towards the rifthound.

I just closed my eyes and crossed my arms.

Now look who's the stubborn one...

I then noticed that there were no sounds of her polearm that are swinging in the rifthounds anymore. When I opened my eyes she was just standing still, placing her hand on chest and I can feel that she's breathing heavily as I quickly go beside her.

"Ei, I think this time you should leave this one to us. Don't force yourself into it."

"I... my apologies." She said as we then heard Paimon speaks to her from behind.

"Don't worry about it! Just take a breather and get your strength back."

"We'll deal with the monsters."

"Oh look... that's the same light again."

I looked back to where the light is emerging and saw three Shogunate samurai's walking towards us.

"Wh-where am I? Who are you-"

Their eyes widened as they saw me and Ei from behind Lumine and Paimon.

"Commander! And the Almighty Shogun, you're both here too!"

"Are you injured your excellency?"

Ei just placed her hand on her forehead.

"Ahem... I'm...quite alright. Just feeling a little stiff."

They then walked in front of us and positioned themselves into their battle state.

"We, the Shogunate samurai, we'll defend the Shogun until the very end!"

The rifthound just growls at them as one of the Shogunate speaks to his comrade.

"Come on men! They're coming back for more, let's get them."

"Don't. It's too dangerous." Ei interfered.

"Danger is our duty, Ma'am! If we were that kind to shy away from danger, we never would've taken up arms to begin with." The Shogunate replied.

"No need to worry, Almighty Shogun. When the situation looks bleak, we will draw on the power granted to us by the Gods." Another Shogunate addded.