Chapter 44

𝐀/𝐍: 𝑰 𝒔𝒖𝒈𝒈𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒔𝒄𝒓𝒐𝒍𝒍 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒍𝒐𝒘𝒍𝒚 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒉𝒆𝒉𝒆.

                                  [𝐘/𝐍'𝐬 𝐏𝐨𝐕]

She places her hand on her chin and speaks to me.

"Indulge my curiousity. What is the reason that I find you standing before me once again?"

"Do you hope your foolhardiness will shelter those people? Or was it simply a means of seeking an audience with me?"

I just closed my eyes and reply to her.

"If I told you that I just came here to see you, would you believe me?"

She was just silent to the words I said as I continued talking.

"Well, aside from that... the Fatui deceived the Raiden Shogun."

She then replies to me.

"Oh? Surely you didn't wake me up from my state of eternal meditation just to tell me this?"

"If so, then you underestimate me. I am quite well informed about the Vision Hunt Decree."

"So you know everything what's going on outside?" I asked.

She closes her eyes and replies to me.

"Not so. Only everything that pertains to eternity."

"The Vision Hunt Decree has my tacit approval."

"The Fatui's actions thus far do not constitute a threat to eternity, otherwise... they would have been purged long ago."

"Hmm, I think you already know that it comes at a great cost to the people of Inazuma." I commented.

She crosses her arms on her chest and replies to me again.

"Individual ambition is inherently incompatible to eternity."

"What you may not realize is that all too often...people have far more to lose by chasing their dreams."

"Consider this. No one will lose their life on account of having their vision taken away."

"Rather, those who have lost their lives are the ones who insisted on pursuing their own aspirations, are they not?"

"...."

"Your existence...is unique in my eyes."

"You seem to have this unknown aura within you just like–"

She then cleared her throat.

"To put it in another way, you are also the furthest thing to eternity."

"So, I wont insist that you comprehend the meaning of my actions. What matter is that I tread the path on my people's behalf."

I just closed my eyes and speak to her.

"This is your Plane of Euthymia. It is also created by your consciousness, yes?"

"That's right. I'm surprised you understand it so well..."

"Anyway. You're looking for a chance to shake my will...aren't you?"

I crossed my arms on my chest and reply to her.

"Hmph, I'm not here to debate your ideas."

"I'm here to demolish them."

She stayed silent for a moment as she then speaks to me.