Chapter 8 - The House Of April

A/N: Hey hedgehogs :) sorry I didn't update for almost a week, I went on a trip where I had no wifi D: but all is well now, and I'm posting for my lovely readers! :)

Oh, and the Wattpad vs. Computer battle continues -.-

~Grace xx

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

                                                           ~April~

"Why are we leaving town?" Louis asked, gazing out at the rolling fields that were starting to end, houses popping up more frequently as I took the road leading to my house.

"I don't live here," I answered, "I live in the city next to here."

"Oh," He said, turning his head to me, "Then how do you all know each other if you live in a different place?"

"April's mom teaches at the school we used to go to," Kris leaned forward answering for me, "So April went to school in our town."

"What do you mean, 'used to'?" Harry inquired, jumping into the conversation.

"We all take online school." I replied.

"Why?" Zayn called from the back. It appeared that everyone was listening to our conversation.

"There were... complications," Rikki spoke, glancing at me nervously, thinking I hadn't seen.

With a sigh, I said "I was bullied to the point where I didn't feel safe anymore, so I started online schooling. Then the girls decided that they wanted to also, so we all take the same course on our laptops."

"Oh." Zayn responded quietly, thinking he had mentioned a touchy subject.

It's not so much that my reason for leaving school bothered me, but that everyone acted like it had deeply affected me. And I mean, yeah, it had, but it wasn't like I couldn't talk about it. I was just sick of explaining it time after time. It doesn't define me.

"Anyway," I changed the subject, "This means that you guys get to meet the family that produced the one and only, April Paige."

I watched the boys' eyes widen, Harry commented, "Oh God."

"Don't worry, they're not as odd as I am," I reassured them with a chuckle, "But I won't say they're not odd."

"They're awesome," Kris said enthusiastically, "April's parents are so cool!"

"Huh!" I snorted, "I'm not sure 'cool' is the right word. Hilarious, yes, fantastic, yes, but cool? Not exactly."

"Do not lie to us, Littlest Paige!" Kris said, using a nickname she had come up for me, as I was the youngest in my family.

"OH MY GOD, YOU GUYS GET TO SEE APRIL'S ROOM!" Erin shouted, bursting out with laughter.

"Oh sweet Ginger Jesus," I muttered to myself.

"What's it like?" Niall asked, letting out one of his famous Irish chuckles. I swear, that boy had the most adorable laugh in the universe.

"Well-"

"LA LA LA LA LA LA LLAMAS!" I yelled, cutting Heather off, so she wouldn't describe anything that was in my room to them.

"Eh, you'll see it." Kris said to the boys as we entered the city. The girls lived somewhat in the country, but I was used to the city-ish life. No cows beside the road, or roosters waking you up; okay, I'm exaggerating, none of them have cows or roosters. But Heather does have goats!